Should Daylight Savings Time be abolished? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:33:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should Daylight Savings Time be abolished? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Daylight Savings Time be abolished?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Should Daylight Savings Time be abolished?  (Read 11655 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: September 30, 2008, 08:14:23 AM »

All that abolishing DST here would do is make it start to get light out at 3am in June.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 11:46:34 AM »

If we get rid of standard time, the sun wouldn't rise until 9am here in December... and would then only be up until about 5:30... hardly worth it.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »

If we get rid of standard time, the sun wouldn't rise until 9am here in December...
That might make you notice that while light in the evening after work is pleasant, only in the morning before work does it seriously affect your quality of life.

Re Smid's Cows - the cows will still know when they're milked, as farmers tend to basically ignore DST as far as their own working hours are concerned.

I agree, except in the summer.  We have a cabin on the WSW side of a lake... and man, those sunrises can be absolutely beautiful.  The only problem is... it starts getting light out at 4am and by 5am it's so bright inside the cabin and the birds are chirping like you wouldn't believe that sleep is impossible.  It's beautiful... but I'm more of a sunset person.

I do have a great memory of my grandma waking up extra early to make us chocolate chip pancakes and I went in to get more milk to drink and a chipmunk made off with a good chunk of one of my pancakes. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies