Financial Services Regulation Bill (Law'd Wiki'd and Gathering Dust) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:30:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Financial Services Regulation Bill (Law'd Wiki'd and Gathering Dust) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Financial Services Regulation Bill (Law'd Wiki'd and Gathering Dust)  (Read 7703 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: September 30, 2008, 03:57:23 PM »

Someone write it up and propose it as an amendment. I'm sufficiently capable to understand what Afleitch's bill does and that I support it, but not capable enough for that.

Shouts from the gallery

The bill is designed in such a way that federal government moves to protect savings and savers as opposed to specific financial institutions themselves. It's not a 'bailout' bill.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 04:27:15 PM »

Someone write it up and propose it as an amendment. I'm sufficiently capable to understand what Afleitch's bill does and that I support it, but not capable enough for that.

Shouts from the gallery

The bill is designed in such a way that federal government moves to protect savings and savers as opposed to specific financial institutions themselves. It's not a 'bailout' bill.
Yes, I know that. As I said, I understand the amendment I introduced. Smiley

I don't think it's impossible to have a bailout/guarantee/whatever at the same time, though. Whether I would necessarily vote for one is another matter.

Oh I knew that you had got the jist of it Smiley It was more in reponse to any possible attempts by others to tack on a rescue plan onto the bill.

Is hauled away by security
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies