NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg To Seek Third Term (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:10:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg To Seek Third Term (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg To Seek Third Term  (Read 6078 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: September 30, 2008, 07:11:19 PM »

I guess he's done a fine job managing the city but I really can't stand this guy. I know a number of people got on my case about not supporting him in 2005 and actually saying that I want the Dems to win. I kind of went back on that claim especially since Ferrer was such a clown. It's very easy for me to want the NYC Dems when I'm not as familiar with them. I'm sure it would be very different if I lived in NYC and was active in politics. If I lived there, I would have voted for the Conservative (I believe his name was Ognibene) or not voted at all.

I'll consider supporting whoever the Democratic nominee is next year. Hopefully, it's someone competent.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »

What are the chances that the NYC GOP runs someone? What's Ognibene or even Badillo up to these days? I'm sure the former would like to run.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:27:33 PM »

Wow...it looks like the GOP may have some credible candidates - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_mayoral_election,_2009#Potential_Republican_candidates

LOL @ possible Democratic candidate Donny Deutsch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 07:53:30 PM »

That would be hilarious if the Dems lost again. They should be winning every election with over 80% in NYC, even if the Republicans are RINOs.

He's an Independent now and will be running as an Independent again (unless the GOP also nominates him). I hope the GOP doesn't back him. I would like either Daniels, Kelly or Molinari. This State Senator Marty Golden seems interesting, too. A Republican State Senator from...Brooklyn.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 11:23:22 PM »

That would be hilarious if the Dems lost again. They should be winning every election with over 80% in NYC, even if the Republicans are RINOs.

He's an Independent now and will be running as an Independent again (unless the GOP also nominates him). I hope the GOP doesn't back him. I would like either Daniels, Kelly or Molinari. This State Senator Marty Golden seems interesting, too. A Republican State Senator from...Brooklyn.

Marty Golden won't win.

I wasn't really expecting any Republican to win.  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 11:29:26 PM »

Since Giuliani has endorsed him, he would not have my vote.

Has he endorsed him for a third term or do you mean in the past?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 12:59:43 AM »

When did he do this?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies