Opinion of Alex Jones
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:11:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Alex Jones
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What options best describe him?
kook

anti semite

racist

truthful

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Opinion of Alex Jones  (Read 3988 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2008, 10:32:41 PM »

Options 1, 2 & 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 11:52:11 PM »

A kook, clearly.  What evidence do you have for 2 and 3?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 11:53:27 PM »

A kook, clearly.  What evidence do you have for 2 and 3?

Illuminati?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 12:01:01 AM »

That just makes him "anti-Zionist" then right? <snicker>
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 12:08:30 AM »

A right winger.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 01:24:20 AM »

He isn't racist or an anti-Semite. If you want to disprove his claims, I'd suggest using reason rather than ad hominem attack.

Alex Jones' greatest problem is that he uses sensationalism and anger in the place of critical thinking. All of those that attack based on broad labels rather than specific claims are simply resorting to the same faulty non-critical level of analysis.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 01:38:48 AM »

Alex Jones' greatest problem is that he uses sensationalism and anger in the place of critical thinking.
That alone makes him a kook and thus much more a hurt to the "cause" than a help.  We need more John Stossels and Penn Jilletes and fewer Alex Jones's and Art Bells.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 01:39:56 AM »

In all honesty, I think he's a plant. Either that or he truly is that crazy.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 02:42:07 AM »

Alex Jones' greatest problem is that he uses sensationalism and anger in the place of critical thinking.
That alone makes him a kook and thus much more a hurt to the "cause" than a help.  We need more John Stossels and Penn Jilletes and fewer Alex Jones's and Art Bells.

I wasn't endorsing Alex Jones. Frankly, I think he's ridiculous.

It just happens that whenever someone on the "conspiracy" spectrum gets mentioned on a politically mainstream board most people just attack mindlessly. My point really centers around the idea that, if you can disprove of someone's POV, you ought not be lazy about it. Critical thinking and analysis is always important. Even the "kooks" aid us in this. We can use critical thought to dissect their argument or we may find that after all, we agree.

Bottom line: I wasn't looking forward to reading a thread of one liners about how crazy this guy is.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 03:07:10 AM »

Aye, I agree.  But us slightly more sane libertarians (little l) should do what we can to distance ourselves from the kooks and nuts.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 04:23:26 PM »

From what I know (which is a little dated), voting options 1 and 4 seemed to describe my feelings best, though not perfectly, so that's what I did.
Barack Hussian YO MAMA!!!!
The Rascal King
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.46, S: 4.96

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 07:25:55 PM »

He isn't racist or an anti-Semite. If you want to disprove his claims, I'd suggest using reason rather than ad hominem attack.

Alex Jones' greatest problem is that he uses sensationalism and anger in the place of critical thinking. All of those that attack based on broad labels rather than specific claims are simply resorting to the same faulty non-critical level of analysis.
that is absolutely right anyone it's important that people don't go around  making random accusations about people without facts and hard evidence or facts to back it up. the guy does seem to be kind of a kook but I saw in Interview he did with David Gergan about bohemian grove its apparently this big thing that presidents, big heads of state, media people  go to where they do mock sacrifices to an owl god, it gets no coverage by the media or anything if you ask most Americans about it they don't know what it is, it's one of those things like skull and bones that that world leaders don't talk about that I 'm curios about it. I find it to be a little weird.

Reluctant Republican

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »

that is absolutely right anyone it's important that people don't go around  making random accusations about people without facts and hard evidence or facts to back it up. the guy does seem to be kind of a kook but I saw in Interview he did with David Gergan about bohemian grove its apparently this big thing that presidents, big heads of state, media people  go to where they do mock sacrifices to an owl god, it gets no coverage by the media or anything if you ask most Americans about it they don't know what it is, it's one of those things like skull and bones that that world leaders don't talk about that I 'm curios about it. I find it to be a little weird.

And he apparently has a tape of it he made that’s floating around out there on Youtube. They’ve talked about it on Coast to Coast from time to time. I have my doubts though, since if this is such an elite club of world leaders, the fact that some guy with a camera could just sneak into their grounds does not say much about these fellows leadership. I'd love to learn more about the whole thing though, but I digress.

I don’t know how I feel about Jones. He might be right on a few things, but he just comes across as obnoxious, always having that damn horn in his hands shouting out 9/11 was an inside job. He really laid into Michelle Malkin, a neocon commenter who I absolutely cannot stand, but he was very rude to her, trying to surrond her and shout her down, and I just found it to be going way too far, you know?  I might agree with him on certain secret societies attempting to control the world(Perhaps), but I find 9/11 truth to just be an incredibly hard thing to believe, and I frankly find it to be a bit insulting. So I'm going to have to go with kook here, sadly. Though he did endorse Ron Paul, so I can't hate him too much, since he's not like in a Don Black category or anything, and I think Jones is misguided but well meaning, more then anything else. 
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 02:18:26 PM »

Right on a lot of issues but I think he over sensationalizes everything. I don't know why someone put anti-semite. common. the guy said Arabs control the media and cuts people off when they talk about Zionist. I enjoy listeing to him every now and than but I prefer the Piper Report with Michael Collins Piper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_Piper
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 02:24:18 PM »

And he apparently has a tape of it he made that’s floating around out there on Youtube. They’ve talked about it on Coast to Coast from time to time. I have my doubts though, since if this is such an elite club of world leaders, the fact that some guy with a camera could just sneak into their grounds does not say much about these fellows leadership. I'd love to learn more about the whole thing though, but I digress.
It's not world leaders really. More like American, and especially Californian, Republican and Business leaders with some outside guests.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 01:25:35 AM »

Kook, definitely. Even 911 Truthers would have a hard time swallowing all the kool aid he gives. Not a racist or anti-semite, though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies