Obama campaign to roll out 13 minute Keating 5 documentary at noon tommorow.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:12:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama campaign to roll out 13 minute Keating 5 documentary at noon tommorow.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Obama campaign to roll out 13 minute Keating 5 documentary at noon tommorow.  (Read 2835 times)
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 05, 2008, 11:19:34 PM »

http://www.keatingeconomics.com/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

More info from Politico.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14302.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 11:20:11 PM »

Grr.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:20:37 PM »

My thread covered this already, but oh well Surprise
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 11:55:39 PM »

Poor McCain. He's being turned into a fine paste.
Firefly
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.83

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 12:30:42 AM »

I guess being cleared of all wrongdoing before the U.S. Senate is not good enough. 

Let's have the McCain campaign roll out a 13 minute commercial on Bill Ayers or Jeremiah Wright or that terrorist whose luggage he paid for!  Then we'll see who's fine paste (or tar).

Norwegian terrorists ftw.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 12:31:03 AM »

The Obama camp sent out an e-mail blast telling everyone to watch this and spread it around.

Things are about to get very, very bloody.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 12:31:51 AM »

I hope they make a downloadable version. If they do I'm going to burn CDs of it and leave them in random places.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 12:35:15 AM »

The Obama camp sent out an e-mail blast telling everyone to watch this and spread it around.

If Obama wants a war, we'll bring it to him.

I used to believe McCain shouldn't go down the road of Reverend Wright.  Now I think he has no choice.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 12:37:57 AM »

Except McCain was the one that "wanted a war." What Obama's doing here is just fighting back.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 12:39:01 AM »

I used to believe McCain shouldn't go down the road of Reverend Wright.  Now I think he has no choice.

Hell, if this Keating thing is a legitimate issue, then we should just be able to make up an issue.  Let's make ads saying that Obama advocated mandatory interracial dating, or some sh**t like that.  If he's going to lie about our candidate, we're going to lie about him.  We'll show him how dirty we can get.  We will destroy him.

Hell, I used to want the campaign to just get over with.  Now, I want more time to dig up as much dirt on Obama as possible.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 12:39:56 AM »

Hell, if this Keating thing is a legitimate issue, then we should just be able to make up an issue.  Let's make ads saying that Obama advocated mandatory interracial dating, or some sh**t like that.  If he's going to lie about our candidate, we're going to lie about him.  We'll show him how dirty we can get.  We will destroy him.

Hell, I used to want the campaign to just get over with.  Now, I want more time to dig up as much dirt on Obama as possible.

lol. Pathetic.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 12:41:03 AM »

I wonder if the McCain camp is hard at work searching for the "whitey tape"...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 12:42:06 AM »

Talk about a total non starter with the public...
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 12:42:20 AM »

lol. Pathetic.

I know it's pathetic, but I just think imagine the US with the O as president.

I think I'll just crawl in a corner now.
Firefly
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 12:44:53 AM »

I wonder if the McCain camp is hard at work searching for the "whitey tape"...

It's hiding with Saddam's WMD's.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 01:08:07 AM »

Obama better have raised a lot of money, because he's wasting a lot here.
Firefly
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 01:14:58 AM »

Obama better have raised a lot of money, because he's wasting a lot here.

A web video is not exactly expensive to create.  He already had the server capacity.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 01:18:00 AM »

The entire budget on this was probably less than the price for a standard DC/NOVA-area prime time 30-second spot. Independent filmmakers make movies like this all the time for budgets lower than the maximum allowed donation from an individual (usually much longer too.)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 01:44:52 AM »

lol. Pathetic.

I know it's pathetic, but I just think imagine the US with the O as president.

I think I'll just crawl in a corner now.

Us liberals have had to put up with the extreme right in power for 8 years, so you guys should be able to survive some centrists in power.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 02:43:03 AM »

Us liberals have had to put up with the extreme right in power for 8 years, so you guys should be able to survive some centrists in power.

Obama's no centrist.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 02:51:17 AM »

LOL

Obama the centrist!

Well, I was eagerly awaiting this gloves to come off. I'm glad that it looks like it is happening. Let's roll out Ayers, Reverend Wright, Farrakhan, Rezko, Khalidi, Pfledger, whatever. It's about damn time McCain decided he wanted to fight back rather than just rolling over and dying the entire time. You've gotta play dirty to win. It's a shame someone like Obama, who's been associated with the radical left most of his life, has gotten by so long without any questions at all. Spend those millions in the RNC and drag down Barack. If he doesn't, this race is over. He won't win trying to run a "respectful" campaign. The Republicans are great at playing dirty. Let's do what we're good at!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 03:51:34 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2008, 04:00:52 AM by Politico »

Except McCain was the one that "wanted a war." What Obama's doing here is just fighting back.

Yes, Republicans are shocked--SHOCKED!!!--That Democrats no longer allow Republicans to beat them over the head with 100% negative attack ads. If somebody keeps punching you in the face, you have every right to defend your self: take out a meat cleaver and cut off their hand, if you want.

McCain/Palin should not have started accusing Obama of "palling" around with domestic terrorists.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 03:51:34 AM »

Obama's no centrist.

You're right, he's center-right.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 03:51:45 AM »

Obama's no centrist.

I think he means in European or even global terms, where the center-left of the Democratic party fits right about in the average country's centrist party.  Anti-gay marriage, selectively pro-war, and so on.  Since Obama had to compete in a longer primary than McCain, I would even go as far as to say that he has been forced substantially farther left-of-center, for example, his position on free-trade got destroyed by having to compete in the Ohio primary.

Of course, it's a complete miss-use of the term, but that's how partisans spin things Smiley  He's not the only one.  

Obama's certainly not a centrist in Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, or Florida.  Harold Ford, maybe, but not Obama.  In American political terms, I think John McCain is almost the definition of a centrist, outside of his Cold-War views of foreign policy. So just stating "centrist" is rather misleading.

izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 03:58:57 AM »

I'm seeing a tad bit of over confidence here by the McCain backers. Might be wise not to assume Obama can't play dirty or rough just because most democrats can't or won't.

From what I can tell this is a response to Palin's attempt to associate Obama with terrorists (Ayers) the other day. The McCain's campaign attack of 'Obama = terrorist buddy!' is being countered directly by new adds and message that McCain is attempting to distract from the economy. Then what more, they put forth this documentary to demonstrate why McCain might be trying to distract from the economy.

Overall, I think the move is keyed into two modes. The first is the logic I just described. The latter is in fact to try to goad McCain into continuing the negative attacks. The less McCain gets to talk about McCain, and the more Obama gets to talk about McCain, the more time Obama has to coast to election day. If on the other hand McCain becomes capable of talking about why people should vote for him, Obama's job becomes more difficult again (aka, a return to mid summer when he had a slow decline in the polls).

And as for the expected critique of my analysis here, that if Obama is spending so much time talking McCain that he won't have time to talk about why people should vote for him, who has pulled out of Michigan. Obama's advantage at this point is his ability to raise funds continually through election day. More money = the ability to talk about any and all subjects simultaneously via commercials. He bypasses the media and pundits and gives both the anti-McCain message and the pro-Obama message simultaneously.

As for folks wondering were the heck I came from just popping in like this, I'm a long time lurker whom finally opted into getting an account.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies