The "Whitey" Video Rears Its Ugly Head on YouTube - OCTOBER SURPRISE HAS ARRIVED
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:46:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  The "Whitey" Video Rears Its Ugly Head on YouTube - OCTOBER SURPRISE HAS ARRIVED
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The "Whitey" Video Rears Its Ugly Head on YouTube - OCTOBER SURPRISE HAS ARRIVED  (Read 3373 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 06:16:01 PM »

Worse.... ginger:P
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 06:19:56 PM »

Come on everybody.  Let's post over and over again so that newcomers see a thread with 10 pages and think this is the real thing!

Yeah, c'mon y'all!  Let's spam up this thread!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2008, 06:23:53 PM »

You know, speaking of the rickroll thing, I maintain that Naso should do a cover of that song.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 06:45:10 PM »

"Heres a song by a gay guy."

-Brian Griffin
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 04:10:12 AM »

Yeah. He was exaggerating of course, it's really kind of harmless (although I expect all Republican hacks to disagree with me), but it's here now.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 06:25:48 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2008, 06:33:15 AM by Politico »

Now we know where Barack learned his dance moves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiQCJXpbKg
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 09:10:46 PM »

I hate to say this, but it's over for Obama. The October Surprise has arrived and I am simply speechless. Michelle Obama's racist diatribe is THAT bad. It showed up on the Drudge Report about an hour ago, and has since been taken off for legal issues. The video has started to pop up on YouTube. The Mainstream Media is still trying to verify its authenticity - they are worried about a repeat of the AWOL memo-gate letter of 2004. However, I think it is clearly Michelle Obama who is going off the deep end in this video. Clearly the Mainstream Media will need to report this video in evening news segments. There is no way to keep this covered up beyond today.

I am probably going to get in trouble for sharing this link, both with everybody on here and the YouTube organization, due to it not being authenticated yet by the MSM and also since it is such a highly controversial topic. With that said, I feel it is a patriotic duty to share this video and make sure it is seen by all:

Caution: This shocking video is for adults only and will, no doubt, soon be taken off YouTube

Obama ought to seriously consider giving up today and handing the top spot to Biden. I thought I would never say this, but it's the only hope of victory right now.

Something apparently way over my head is going on here.  I click on the link and all I get is a Rick Astley video.  "Never gonna give you up."  I sat through the video twice and still couldn't find a connection to the campaign.

Interestingly, I learned from the sponsor (right side of page) that you can get a Rick Astley ringtone.  That alone was worth the trip, but there's gotta be some inside joke here.  Is this something from Brian on Family Guy?  Some episode I haven't seen yet?  What's the deal?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 09:21:20 PM »

I predicted the RickRoll Tongue
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 09:22:24 PM »

Welcome to the Internet, Atlas Forum community.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 09:24:19 PM »

I hate to say this, but it's over for Obama. The October Surprise has arrived and I am simply speechless. Michelle Obama's racist diatribe is THAT bad. It showed up on the Drudge Report about an hour ago, and has since been taken off for legal issues. The video has started to pop up on YouTube. The Mainstream Media is still trying to verify its authenticity - they are worried about a repeat of the AWOL memo-gate letter of 2004. However, I think it is clearly Michelle Obama who is going off the deep end in this video. Clearly the Mainstream Media will need to report this video in evening news segments. There is no way to keep this covered up beyond today.

I am probably going to get in trouble for sharing this link, both with everybody on here and the YouTube organization, due to it not being authenticated yet by the MSM and also since it is such a highly controversial topic. With that said, I feel it is a patriotic duty to share this video and make sure it is seen by all:

Caution: This shocking video is for adults only and will, no doubt, soon be taken off YouTube

Obama ought to seriously consider giving up today and handing the top spot to Biden. I thought I would never say this, but it's the only hope of victory right now.

ah, sh**t.  It's "25 free ringtones, then thousands of ringtones every month from the hottest artists with your $9.99 monthly subscription." 

No thanks.  I don't like Rick Astley that much.

You working for Flycell.com or something?

I'm looking back over the thread and I see that I"m not the only one who has some vague memory or association of Brian with this song, but I can't honestly say I remember the episode.  Probably I was drunk or stoned when I saw it.

Anyway, what's rick roll'd?

you gonna explain this joke to me and jmfcst, or is it just something too stupid to try to explain?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 09:30:05 PM »

Is RickRoll'd like one of those putzjokes?  Like, where even if you explain it to somebody they're just looking at you like you're a total moron?  Like, you think it's really way inside and hip and cool, but everyone on the outside just thinks you're a total moron, or have a very shallow sense of humor, or have no life, and they're probably right. 

I feel like that's what it is. 

Ah, screw it.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 09:49:25 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2008, 09:55:19 PM by Politico »

It's just another Internet meme:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Roll%27d

On April 1, 2008, every video selected on YouTube automatically went to a video of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up"
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »

Is RickRoll'd like one of those putzjokes?  Like, where even if you explain it to somebody they're just looking at you like you're a total moron?  Like, you think it's really way inside and hip and cool, but everyone on the outside just thinks you're a total moron, or have a very shallow sense of humor, or have no life, and they're probably right. 

I feel like that's what it is. 

Ah, screw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r9dzc0duUw
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies