Dirty South Initiative Proposals and Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:20:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dirty South Initiative Proposals and Debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Dirty South Initiative Proposals and Debate  (Read 5595 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2008, 07:44:26 PM »

We could say that we're using it because it's Wake Forest's color. Evil Anyway, how about a dark blue ground to symbolize conservatism?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2008, 08:14:06 PM »

We could say that we're using it because it's Wake Forest's color. Evil Anyway, how about a dark blue ground to symbolize conservatism?

Wake's colors are black and gold, not dark khaki. We could use dark blue, but then we'd just have the original SC flag. That's fine by me, of course. SPC said we needed black and gold on the flag.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2008, 09:07:54 PM »

Wake's colors are black and gold, not dark khaki. We could use dark blue, but then we'd just have the original SC flag. That's fine by me, of course. SPC said we needed black and gold on the flag.

I mean we would have ground, which would be dark blue, & the sky, which would be dark red.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »

I mean we would have ground, which would be dark blue, & the sky, which would be dark red.

don't make it complicated. remember it is a flag.

My plan was not going to make it complicated at all. It was just going to add a ground region, beneath the tree.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2008, 11:00:50 PM »

The flag fails as it is. Flags should never be designed by a committee, and that's what you're trying to do. Have several designs and choose among them. Do not amend them.

I'm just regurgitating information from prominent vexillologists here.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2008, 12:27:03 AM »

Here's another mockup. There are slight black traces in the trees, and the base of the tree is gold. This is less tacky looking.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »

The black part sucks.

Flags generally don't have borders as integral parts.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2008, 01:49:22 AM »

I like it. Will a flag proposal be on the ballot tomorrow?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2008, 01:52:32 AM »

I like it. Will a flag proposal be on the ballot tomorrow?

Some form of it. I assume since we've received most of the input here, I'll just put this design up for a vote rather than have an open ended initiative to continue working on it.

I'm also debating whether I want to put the capital relocation act on the ballot or not. I've been told there will be a lot of resistance from the old timers. I might just put it up and if it's defeated then I'll keep my headquarters in Memphis, as much as I detest the city and think a coastal setting would much better serve the region.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2008, 01:57:48 AM »

Not to mention that we could sell the government complex for additional revenue. Tongue I think it would well represent the practical nature of our region for the government offices to be located in a humbler building.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2008, 09:17:56 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2008, 09:20:21 PM by Torie »

Lose the the wider blue lines defining the base of some of the leaves, and that one shorter thicker blue line between the leaves to the left, leaving the more delicate blue lines, and I think  it's fine. I like the yellow base.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2008, 10:30:26 PM »

Final mockup before the vote. I tried to lessen the black outlines on the tree leaves.

I can work longer on it after the vote, if it passes to make it less thick. That will take me a while to do.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2008, 10:49:05 PM by Torie »

Final mockup before the vote. I tried to lessen the black outlines on the tree leaves.

I can work longer on it after the vote, if it passes to make it less thick. That will take me a while to do.

Try the reverse with the black or blue lines. You kept the ones I suggest dumping, and dumped the ones I suggest keeping. Smiley Or you did a general lessening I guess without distinction. Maybe your software is not robust or something.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2008, 01:46:51 AM »

Try the reverse with the black or blue lines. You kept the ones I suggest dumping, and dumped the ones I suggest keeping. Smiley Or you did a general lessening I guess without distinction. Maybe your software is not robust or something.

Woops. I thought you wanted me to get rid of the ones I removed. I'm using Photoshop, so it's about as robust as you can get. I can get those old lines back.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies