WCU/NPR Poll: Obama is far ahead in PA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:41:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WCU/NPR Poll: Obama is far ahead in PA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WCU/NPR Poll: Obama is far ahead in PA  (Read 3048 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 06, 2008, 09:49:20 PM »

Do me a favor, dude, and get a life. You harass people on an internet political forum. Time to do something meaningful with your time.

If you win, you win. Good for you. I don't know why people insist on being children and rubbing it in. Your life can't be that pathetic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:52:46 PM »

And just so people know...honestly...I'm not really upset about this. Will it be disappointing? Definitely. I won't be happy. But it's weird how I've kind of resigned myself to the idea that this will happen. Guess what? Life goes on.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 09:58:10 PM »

Phil, wanna trade states? I live in Texas. Its McCain country...

I love Pennsylvania. No thanks.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 10:01:24 PM »

Do me a favor, dude, and get a life. You harass people on an internet political forum. Time to do something meaningful with your time.

If you win, you win. Good for you. I don't know why people insist on being children and rubbing it in. Your life can't be that pathetic.

You were the one who presented your half-assed analysis as some sort of proof that Obama would never win Pennsylvania.

I never said that Obama would never win PA. Enough with the damn trolling.

Phil, I don't think you should give up yet. If the recent attacks are to work, one of the places it should work would be Pennsylvania. If it doesn't work there, I don't know where it will make much a difference swing states).

I'm not giving up. I'm still going to work.

And just so people know...honestly...I'm not really upset about this. Will it be disappointing? Definitely. I won't be happy. But it's weird how I've kind of resigned myself to the idea that this will happen. Guess what? Life goes on.

OK fine. But at least admit then your anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything.

Doesn't mean anything? No, I won't because it does mean something. Obama will struggle among the traditional PA Democratic base. PA isn't going to Obama by a wide margin.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:13:43 PM »

I'm predicting Obama, but by 1.5 points, in PA.

That sounds like a pretty bad prediction, imho.

Consider the source, and how many bad predictions have also come from this source.

What are you talking about? Hillary was clearly closing the gap in Wisconsin.

Again, does this ever get old? Is this really that funny anymore? The hatred that you guys have for some of us (mostly just based on wrong predictions!)...wow. It's so depressing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 10:19:08 PM »

lol. I don't hate either of you. Just BSing.

I don't know if you've ever done it to me but I know that others have (especially with J.J.) with comments like, "LOL! LOSERS WITH LOSING PREDICTIONS!!!!"

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 10:26:28 PM »

lol. I don't hate either of you. Just BSing.

I don't know if you've ever done it to me but I know that others have (especially with J.J.) with comments like, "LOL! LOSERS WITH LOSING PREDICTIONS!!!!"

The issue is despite his horrid track record J. J. continues to act like an arrogant know-it-all (and then there's his 2nd grade name calling...)

I really don't think you should be calling people out for immature behavior but whatever, dude. Enjoy the victory.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 11:19:54 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2008, 11:22:12 PM by Keystone Phil »

Then you must love the fact that its in the tank for the Democrats...now and for the foreseeable future...

Gore+4.5
Rendell+9
Kerry+2.5
Rendell+21
Casey+17.5

Oh, yeah, I guess I ought to just hate the state now.   Roll Eyes

And none of that proves that it will be reliably Democratic in the future.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Funny that you mention the "SOTH." He's my State Representative and I work on his campaign.  Wink

Don't be so sure that he won't be around next time as Speaker. Also, don't be so sure that you're keeping the House.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Dude, the State Senate is not flipping this year.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 11:26:05 PM »

I'm predicting Obama, but by 1.5 points, in PA.

That sounds like a pretty bad prediction, imho.

Consider the source, and how many bad predictions have also come from this source.

What are you talking about? Hillary was clearly closing the gap in Wisconsin.

Again, does this ever get old? Is this really that funny anymore? The hatred that you guys have for some of us (mostly just based on wrong predictions!)...wow. It's so depressing.

FWIW, it's not so much that the predictions are wrong, it's that they are blindly, absurdly hackish.

Roll Eyes

Saying that McCain would win PA wasn't "blindly, absurdly hackish." It was based on analysis that was backed up by many Democrats. The Democrats here were very worried. I really don't need to justify that prediction.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 11:30:40 PM »

I doubt it was just a reference to J.J.'s predictions but whatever the case, just let it go and be happy with the win.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 12:43:29 PM »

I think Phil should stop being so sensitive.

Phil is unbeleiveably sensitive and reactionary. I mentioned that on another thread and this one is evidence of that. Have a fruit juice man, take some deep breaths and enjoy the ride!

Again, trolls, if I was that sensitive, how would I have lasted here for four years after two infamously bad predictions?

When you have something of substance to add to the conversation, feel free to return. Otherwise, troll elsehwere.

In other news, I'll note (for the record) that this is a West Chester University poll.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 03:59:05 PM »

You just proved my point.

The Pennsylvania Republicans on this board aren't exactly the brightest if Mensa JJ and you are anything to go by.

Ok, pal!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies