PA: Rasmussen: Obama up 13 in PA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:16:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA: Rasmussen: Obama up 13 in PA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PA: Rasmussen: Obama up 13 in PA  (Read 4902 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 05:42:54 PM »

What part of "I've predicted a PA victory for Obama," are you having a problem understanding?

Not by 13 and not by double digits.

This ain't a 50-50 election anymore. Double digits really isn't a stretch at all (in fact, it should theoretically be expected) when Obama is leading by eight points nationally in Rassy's tracking poll.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 07:37:31 PM »

What part of "I've predicted a PA victory for Obama," are you having a problem understanding?

This ain't a 50-50 election anymore. Double digits really isn't a stretch at all (in fact, it should theoretically be expected) when Obama is leading by eight points nationally in Rassy's tracking poll.

There is a fairly solid base which I think will be above 45% for either candidate, hence, not double digits.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 07:39:24 PM »

That depends if the growth in his national margin is disproportional among certain demographics or not.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 07:54:43 PM »

That depends if the growth in his national margin is disproportional among certain demographics or not.

That's part of it, but even in past elections, there is not a one to one relationship between the national and PA results.  (Believe me, I tried to find some relitionship.)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 11:04:30 PM »

That's part of it, but even in past elections, there is not a one to one relationship between the national and PA results.  (Believe me, I tried to find some relitionship.)

96 Dem +0.71%
00 Dem +3.66%
04 Dem + 4.96%

Umm....
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 11:13:45 PM »

This election is just turning into a total piece of sh**t, as I lose money in stock market to boot. Boo!  Sad

And you do realize there is a clear correlation between these two things?

That's the bad thing about being a Republican. Being happy about election results is always followed by your 401K going down the tubes. You can't win. Wink

But look on the bright side; at least the opposite will be true as well.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 11:52:02 PM »

Prioritizing Pennsylvania over Michigan was even dumber than I thought.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 11:54:38 PM »

Next week we'll get the announcement that McCain is pulling out of Pennsylvania to focus all of his resources on Iowa.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 11:55:30 PM »

96 Dem +0.71%
00 Dem +3.66%
04 Dem + 4.96%

Umm....

And your point is?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 11:57:42 PM »

This election is just turning into a total piece of sh**t, as I lose money in stock market to boot. Boo!  Sad

I lost around 75 grand in the stock market this past week.  I can't imagine what tough times I'm going to have when Obama is president.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 12:26:35 AM »

Why? Because we're "down thirteen" in PA as opposed to be "down ten" in MI?
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 12:43:30 AM »

That's a pretty damn good reason for starters.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 12:45:21 AM »

I'm gonna get trashed Thursday night whether Wake beats Clemson or not. What a depressing time. I wish I could sell my stocks before the cap gains goes up when Obama gets elected, but I have nothing left to sell!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 12:46:33 AM »

Because of a three point difference in...what...one poll?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 01:16:18 AM »

Yay !

3.5 Mio. votes for Obama out of PA ...
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 01:17:25 AM »

First, two of them are same poll.  Of those 4, two are University polls.  So we have two real polls.  SurveryUSA isn't that great.  Yes, I suspect it's less than 13.
In throwing away all the polls, you're breaking your own "rule."

No part, really, but you're incredibly incoherent in general, so as usual you just make things up to fit your vision of reality.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 01:19:49 AM »

I've never understood why we don't get along, since we want the same candidates to win.  But all snark aside, serious question:  have you ever been right about Pennsylvania?  Your emotional bias seems to make you misgauge it by about twenty percent, and you go bananas at anyone who tries to tell you you're wrong.

Pennsylvania has been a waste of money at least the last twenty years.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 06:43:44 AM »

Why has McCain spent more on PA than any other state?

Is a good point that should be made again
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 10:44:06 AM »

First, two of them are same poll.  Of those 4, two are University polls.  So we have two real polls.  SurveryUSA isn't that great.  Yes, I suspect it's less than 13.
In throwing away all the polls, you're breaking your own "rule."

No part, really, but you're incredibly incoherent in general, so as usual you just make things up to fit your vision of reality.

I think a poll 28 days out cannot be called "reality."  Now, I am predicting Obama, but not by double digits.  Some of that is based on looking at PA since 1984.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 10:48:47 AM »

96 Dem +0.71%
00 Dem +3.66%
04 Dem + 4.96%

Umm....

And your point is?

probably that this may be indicative of a trend.  maybe.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 11:02:04 AM »

96 Dem +0.71%
00 Dem +3.66%
04 Dem + 4.96%

Umm....

And your point is?

probably that this may be indicative of a trend.  maybe.

I've actually looked at the landslides of 1980 and 1984, and the closer race of 1988.  I believe in all three the winner under preformed in PA.  There is a "base" for both parties.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2008, 11:40:53 AM »

I lost around 75 grand in the stock market this past week.  I can't imagine what tough times I'm going to have when Obama is president.

Better, obviously, as the economy is always much better under a Democratic administration.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 01:01:55 PM »

I've never understood why we don't get along, since we want the same candidates to win.  But all snark aside, serious question:  have you ever been right about Pennsylvania?  Your emotional bias seems to make you misgauge it by about twenty percent, and you go bananas at anyone who tries to tell you you're wrong.

Pennsylvania has been a waste of money at least the last twenty years.

So your answer is to concede the state and basically concede the election? We would then have to play 100% defense and we'd definitely lose.

I don't go crazy if someone tries to tell me I'm wrong. It looks like I will be wrong about the state. However, that doesn't make you right for wanting to just write it off. I get pissed when someone like yourself doesn't have a nice thing to say about anyone here and every post of yours is filled with sarcasm.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2008, 01:34:57 PM »

The music at the current McCain-Palin event in PA is amazing:

"Gonna take you
Right into the Danger Zone
Highway to the Danger Zone"

Smiley
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2008, 01:36:51 PM »

Better, obviously, as the economy is always much better under a Democratic administration.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Higher economic growth, lower unemployment, higher wage growth, and better stock market performance. History over the past 100 years bears this out to be true.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies