Has Bush ruined the GOP among an entire generation?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:49:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Has Bush ruined the GOP among an entire generation?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Has Bush ruined the GOP among an entire generation?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Has Bush ruined the GOP among an entire generation?  (Read 2735 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 10:07:58 PM »

Did he do damage?  Absolutely.  I was an Independent until I began to realize how f-ed up he is.  Believe me, I was a ripe voter for the GOP's taking due to the fact I live in a neglected part of an overwhelmingly Democratic city with some of its powerful black politicians making racial overtones and screwing up the city in general.  If the GOP was more in the mold of a Linc Chafee, Olympia Snowe, or even an Arlen Specter, there is a very real chance I could have been a Republican.  Ed Rendell was the catalyst for me switching to Democrat from Indy in order to vote for him in the primary.     

Simply put, the GOP has to moderate and stop putting up these nutjobs such as Rick Santorum, Jim DeMint, and Tom Coburn.  8 years ago I actually liked John McCain and truly believed he wanted to do what's best for this country.  Granted, the Dems have their nutcases as well, but....
I don't know.  What is conservative anymore?  What is liberal?  I'm beginning to be confused.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »

Yes
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 01:32:49 AM »

No, because Obama will do the same (if elected), balancing Bush out.  Besides, Bush is a fiscal moderate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 02:54:32 AM »

Of course. You can make anything seem good by describing it in the right way. In my Civics class, we're forming parties. My party's platform includes distributing PCP to soldiers.

To sell that part of our platform, we'll say that "we plan to aid the civil defense by giving our armed forces the tools necessary to excel on the field of battle, so that they may bring greater glory to the nation in the form of a more peaceful Earth."

Sounds good if you don't realize our plans involve giving our soldiers PCP & conquering every other country in the world. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies