What if Ron Paul and Ross Perot had run together in 2008?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:30:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  What if Ron Paul and Ross Perot had run together in 2008?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if Ron Paul and Ross Perot had run together in 2008?  (Read 1419 times)
defe07

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:23:53 PM »

Let's assume that Ron Paul and Ross Perot run for President and VP under a Unity 3rd Party ticket. All third parties would unite and form an alliance to face the Democrats and Republicans. Let's say the alliance is called the Alternative Coalition.

So, who would win? Paul, McCain or Obama? Give maps and popular votes if you can. Smiley
perdedor

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:28:21 PM »

Why would Perot run with Paul? The two men, while equally ridiculous, have very little in common.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 11:28:17 PM »

Both pint-sized Texans with different approaches from politics as usual.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »

Ron Paul would not have picked Perot, its quite possible actually that he would have picked Sarah Palin.  I'll do this scenario.  People see the economy in shambles and that every thing Paul has predicted has come true.  Many ignore his radical stances on foreign policy and social issues in feeling he can rectify the economy.  He makes little inroads in the Bible Belt, his prescene is felt mostly in the Rust Belt and the Northeast.  McCain chooses Romney as his running mate in this scenario.

Sen. John McCain (AZ)/Fmr. Gov. Willard Mitt Romney (MA)   269 EV   42%
Sen. Barack Obama (IL)/Sen. Joe Biden (DE)                         259 EV    40%               
Rep. Ron Paul (TX)/Gov. Sarah Palin (AK)                             10 EV     17%
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 01:30:05 AM »

I'd be more apt to vote Paul/Perot than Paul/Palin.  Either way I'd still probably vote Libertarian (Barr).  We need a good (little l) libertarian candidate.  I like Dr. Walter E. Williams or a movie star like Bruce Willis.
perdedor

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 09:01:45 AM »

Ron Paul would not have picked Perot, its quite possible actually that he would have picked Sarah Palin.  I'll do this scenario.  People see the economy in shambles and that every thing Paul has predicted has come true.  Many ignore his radical stances on foreign policy and social issues in feeling he can rectify the economy.  He makes little inroads in the Bible Belt, his prescene is felt mostly in the Rust Belt and the Northeast.  McCain chooses Romney as his running mate in this scenario.

Sen. John McCain (AZ)/Fmr. Gov. Willard Mitt Romney (MA)   269 EV   42%
Sen. Barack Obama (IL)/Sen. Joe Biden (DE)                         259 EV    40%               
Rep. Ron Paul (TX)/Gov. Sarah Palin (AK)                             10 EV     17%

How on Earth do you figure this? Paul is a lot of things, but a Roveian member of the religious right is not one of them.
defe07

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 09:11:11 PM »

I'd be more apt to vote Paul/Perot than Paul/Palin.  Either way I'd still probably vote Libertarian (Barr).  We need a good (little l) libertarian candidate.  I like Dr. Walter E. Williams or a movie star like Bruce Willis.

And a candidate like Clint Eastwood?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 04:15:33 AM »

Why would Perot run with Paul? The two men, while equally ridiculous, have very little in common.

Not to mention it would be unconstitutional as both Ross Perot and Ron Paul are residents from Texas.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies