American Parliament (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:57:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  American Parliament (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: American Parliament  (Read 13539 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: July 29, 2009, 08:04:27 PM »

I like it a lot! Smiley How long can Parliment's terms last (like the UK max. of 5 years)?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:15:07 PM »

I like it a lot! Smiley How long can Parliament's terms last (like the UK max. of 5 years)?

Also, what powers does the Upper House have exclusively? And vice versa? And is the Head of the Cabinent reffered to as Prime Minister? Or the Sec. of State, etc? And what's the name of the Upper House? Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:47:38 PM »

I like it a lot! Smiley How long can Parliament's terms last (like the UK max. of 5 years)?

Also, what powers does the Upper House have exclusively? And vice versa? And is the Head of the Cabinent reffered to as Prime Minister? Or the Sec. of State, etc? And what's the name of the Upper House? Smiley

Thanks. Smiley

Parliament's functions are largely drawn from British procedure; according to the Septennial Act 1715, the maximum term of Parliament is seven years. The two houses are roughly equivalent, but only the Commons can propose monetary bills. The head of the Cabinet is theoretically the President, and leading figures argue against the existence of a Prime Minister. However, Alexander Hamilton holds the unofficial position equivalent to the predecessor of the British Prime Ministership. The Upper House is known as the Senate.

Hope I answered your questions fine. Smiley

Thanks! Smiley Please continue
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:37:26 PM »

Good instlament! I really wish American Government had developed like this! Smiley I hope the Federalists don't dissolve leaving only the Republicans, like in real life! Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 08:59:40 PM »

This is one of my favorites. Please... Please.... update...

I TOTALLY agree with this. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies