Third Presidential debate running commentary thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:51:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Third Presidential debate running commentary thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Third Presidential debate running commentary thread  (Read 15055 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: October 15, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »

McCain failed in the town hall meeting that had non-McCain supporters asking real questions.

Oh no, you're back.  This place was so peaceful without you.

It certainly was peaceful without yet another metaphor involving ungulates.  And he managed to turn it into an adjective.  I'm quite sure I would consider my life sufficiently full and complete without ever having encountered the made up word "mavericky." 

One good thing about the old warhorse's loss that I hope can all agree on:  No more metaphors comparing politicians to hoofed animals.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 08:56:17 PM »

everyone here is partisan and thinks their candidate won.

prescient.  But the "who won?" polls are still fun.  Don't you think?

And we get some good soundbites from these debates, such as when Obama said, "Nothing is more important than us no longer borrowing seven hundred billion dollars from China and sending it to Saudi Arabia."  That was a pretty good summation, imho.

And, "I'd like to thank Hoffa."  That was one of the first utterances of McCain tonight, and it was precious.  Hoffa?  Why would McCain want to thank Hoffa?!  Isn't he living on that deserted tropical island with Elvis? 

But, yeah, no one really wins or loses these debates.  Folks know who they like going in.  The conversation just gives the Sean Hannities and the Keith Olbermans of the world more hot air to blow.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:04:26 PM »

wow Obama just kicked some butt on that fine = zero thing....McCain looked stymied

agreed.  whether or not you agree with any of what anyone is saying, it was clear that McCain didn't really study the prep materials detailing his opponent's legislative proposal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies