NC: Public Policy Polling: Hagan ahead by 7%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:09:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC: Public Policy Polling: Hagan ahead by 7%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Public Policy Polling: Hagan ahead by 7%  (Read 1110 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »

New Poll: North Carolina Senator by Public Policy Polling on 2008-10-19

Summary: D: 49%, R: 42%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 02:57:38 PM »

Wow. Remember the time a Democratic third-tier candidate beat the Republican wife of a Presidential candidate in a Republican state? lulz
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »

There's really no way Kay Hagan should be ahead by 7 points, is my point. She's a third tier candidate who only got picked because every other prominent Democrat in the state decided to wait until 2010 or didn't want to go any further in politics.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 03:13:38 PM »

There's really no way Kay Hagan should be ahead by 7 points, is my point. She's a third tier candidate who only got picked because every other prominent Democrat in the state decided to wait until 2010 or didn't want to go any further in politics.

I'd rate her a second-tier candidate (state senator with strong fundraising skills) with first-tier abilities.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 03:18:44 PM »

That would be something I personally would like to respond to.  When we digress to posting like the trolls that annoy us, it diminishes credibility.  I don't want to sound like a parent or like I think I'm above people, but I know you have more to offer than stupid mockeries of attitudes no one takes seriously anyway.  Sorry for being preachy, it's just getting on my nerves, haha.

Anyway...I agree this is a very telling race.  No one gave Hagan a snowball's chance in hell of defeating a heavyweight like Dole.  I'm hoping it's the anti-incumbent sentiment and not just fickle partisan politics.  It would give me great pleasure to see incumbent after incumbent fall to amateur politicians.

I did! I did! And everyone said I was a hack and stupid.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies