Rasmussen State Poll (10/20): CO, FL, MO, NC, OH (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:52:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen State Poll (10/20): CO, FL, MO, NC, OH (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen State Poll (10/20): CO, FL, MO, NC, OH  (Read 4085 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« on: October 20, 2008, 07:12:14 PM »

This sentiment is exactly why I doubt the results.  Polling =/= actual results.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  I think VA and NC polls have some "tingly change enthusiasm" which are skewing the numbers.  When it's booth time, I think the tradition kicks in a bit.

FWIW, VA demographic changes are legit, though.  Enough to tip to Obama is another question, one that will be answered in 2 weeks.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:14:54 AM »

It is undeniable that Rasmussen has a slight McCain lean.

relative to other polls.  Who knows who has the correct model?  Rasmussen is historically solid, but they get some of their solidity from hard-weighting things more strictly than the other polls - at least that's my amateur understanding. 

This "could" be vastly underestimating the AA and Youth vote, at least that's what credible pollster Ann Selzer thinks.

But odds are that it's not, at least not as vastly as Selzer thinks...

My understanding is that the hard-weighting clamps down on some of the "enthusiasm" numbers; that would intuitively seem to favor "stable" Republican votes in this election.

So I think it's fair to say Rasmussen usually has a slight R lean in many of its polls.  The question is whether that "lean" is accurate or not.  We'll find out in two weeks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies