KY: Rasmussen: Mitch McConnell won't go down so easily
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:16:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  KY: Rasmussen: Mitch McConnell won't go down so easily
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY: Rasmussen: Mitch McConnell won't go down so easily  (Read 1207 times)
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »

New Poll: Kentucky Senator by Rasmussen on 2008-10-21

Summary: D: 43%, R: 50%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:44:30 PM »

Which poll was the outlier? I'm thinking the SUSA one was further off.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 04:52:40 PM »

Ensign had a conference call today where he said the NRSC was comfortable with its position in the race and not spending any money in KY.  Of course, McConnell has plenty of money to burn, so I don't know whether that comment means much.  My issue is that McConnell is always stronger than he looks.

Is the NRSC spending any money in GA?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 04:57:08 PM »

Ensign had a conference call today where he said the NRSC was comfortable with its position in the race and not spending any money in KY.  Of course, McConnell has plenty of money to burn, so I don't know whether that comment means much.  My issue is that McConnell is always stronger than he looks.

Yes. They're running two ads there.  Interestingly, the Libertarian candidate may hold Chambliss under 50%. Thanks to the GOP-controlled legislature, the runoff law is back. Democrats could end election night with 59 seats -  a GA runoff could  then be the key to their dreams of a filibuster-proof Senate.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 05:01:05 PM »

Yes. They're running two ads there.  Interestingly, the Libertarian candidate may hold Chambliss under 50%. Thanks to the GOP-controlled legislature, the runoff law is back. Democrats could end election night with 59 seats -  a GA runoff could  then be the key to their dreams of a filibuster-proof Senate.

That would be kind of amusing.  Shades of LA 2002.

So, in other words, what you're saying (most likely) is that either Chambliss gets 50% or we go to a runoff because I don't see Martin reaching 50% as likely.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 05:04:40 PM »

Well, Chambliss is going to win any run-off that takes place. No way Georgia elects the Democrats a filibuster-proof majority.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 05:10:29 PM »

That would be kind of amusing.  Shades of LA 2002.

So, in other words, what you're saying (most likely) is that either Chambliss gets 50% or we go to a runoff because I don't see Martin reaching 50% as likely.
That would be a correct inference. I doubt Martin will come out ahead on November 4th. I currently predict something along the lines of this:

Chambliss: 49.5%
Martin: 47.5%
Buckley: 3%
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies