PA-SurveyUSA: Obama remains 12 points ahead of McCain
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:35:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA-SurveyUSA: Obama remains 12 points ahead of McCain
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: PA-SurveyUSA: Obama remains 12 points ahead of McCain  (Read 7147 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 05:22:49 PM »

I don't believe Rove and I don't he said +2.

He said he saw an internal poll that showed Obama ahead by only 2%.

Internal push poll maybe.

Did you know.... Barack Obama may have been a muslim, supports the killing of born babies, may not be an American citizen, opposes protecting our children from sex offenders, and pals around with terrorists?

For President - John McCain or Barack Obama.

and still a 2% race?  eek.

Supposedly one of Obama's internal polls said it was +2.  Several of the more recent same to same polls have shown a decline in Obama's numbers, from 2 to 7 points.

Dude, there was one poll that showed Obama up 7. The rest have been double digits.

There has not been a single public poll that has showed Obama only winning the state by 2 points. That is your own wishful thinking, based on conservative talk radio hearsay.

You saw one poll that showed Obama's numbers decreasing, from a Republican pollster, and now you think you see a trend.

Your act couldn't be any more transparent. Your analysis of trends are based on nothing more than your own wishful thinking.

Note the underlined word supposedly.  Also, it's now a same poll to same poll drop in three polls, Strategic Vision, Survey USA, and Quinnipiac University.  I'd like to see some really good polls of PA, but there has been some erosion on three polls.

I'm not changing my prediction of Obama winning PA, but it is closing.
tokar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.87, S: -6.87

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 07:32:27 PM »

Did you know.... Barack Obama may have been a muslim, supports the killing of born babies, may not be an American citizen, opposes protecting our children from sex offenders, and pals around with terrorists?

Supposedly one of Obama's internal polls said it was +2.  Several of the more recent same to same polls have shown a decline in Obama's numbers, from 2 to 7 points.

Dude, there was one poll that showed Obama up 7. The rest have been double digits.

There has not been a single public poll that has showed Obama only winning the state by 2 points. That is your own wishful thinking, based on conservative talk radio hearsay.

You saw one poll that showed Obama's numbers decreasing, from a Republican pollster, and now you think you see a trend.

Your act couldn't be any more transparent. Your analysis of trends are based on nothing more than your own wishful thinking.

Note the underlined word supposedly.  Also, it's now a same poll to same poll drop in three polls, Strategic Vision, Survey USA, and Quinnipiac University.  I'd like to see some really good polls of PA, but there has been some erosion on three polls.

where is your prediction?
LanceMcSteel

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 07:39:41 PM »

Just got back from Scranton, had dinner with a few local Republican activist and party hacks.
All are voting Obama and said everyone they know is doing the same.

Safe Dem.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »

Four states close:

VA, NH:  Goes McCain

MI, PA:  Goes Obama

CO:  Tossup.

I think this was the earliest.  Now, I think it will be a lot closer than the polling (before this last set says).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 09:54:43 PM »

Michigan is not close. And that's just the most glaring part of that prediction (which might've been semi-grounded in reality at the time but is not now.)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 09:56:46 PM »

Michigan is not close. And that's just the most glaring part of that prediction (which might've been semi-grounded in reality at the time but is not now.)

It was.  I made that prediction about a month ago.
tokar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 11:50:50 PM »

Four states close:

I think this was the earliest.  Now, I think it will be a lot closer than the polling (before this last set says).

Id like to see a full USEA Prediction map if you dont mind.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 11:59:46 PM »

Four states close:

Id like to see a full USEA Prediction map if you dont mind.

USEA?

You can actually see me still unwilling to call PA on the above cited theread.

Here is an earlier one, with states still out:

States out:  NH, PA, MI, CO, and NM.

The full prediction is there.  I don't change it once posted.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 12:03:14 AM »

So yes, you still think Michigan is in play. Ha ha ha ha ha.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 07:42:08 AM »

So yes, you still think Michigan is in play. Ha ha ha ha ha.

On 9/11 yes.  On 9/23 no.
tokar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 11:58:03 AM »

USEA?

You can actually see me still unwilling to call PA on the above cited theread.

Here is an earlier one, with states still out:

States out:  NH, PA, MI, CO, and NM.

The full prediction is there.  I don't change it once posted.

USEA = USElectionAtlas.

Heres the link: https://uselectionatlas.org/PRED/PRESIDENT/2008/pred.php?action=step2

Put your money where your mouth is...not hard to fill it out.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 12:04:32 PM »

It seems a bit weird that Obama's only leading by 3 in the southwestern part of the state and yet he's leading by 12 overall.  I guess his huge margins in the southeast should make up for it, but it still seems a bit weird.
tokar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »

It seems a bit weird that Obama's only leading by 3 in the southwestern part of the state and yet he's leading by 12 overall.  I guess his huge margins in the southeast should make up for it, but it still seems a bit weird.

Its called the Pennsylvania formula.

Win 80%+ of the vote in Philadelphia.
Win 60%+ of the vote in Pittsburgh (Allegheny Co.)
Win 50%+ of the vote in the Philadelphia suburbs (Montgomery, Bucks, Chester, Delaware)
Win 50%+ of the vote in Erie
Perform well in the counties of East Pennsylvania, north of the Philadelphia market (Lehigh, Northampton, Berks)
Perform OK in the counties surrounding Pittsburgh (Westmoreland, Washington, Beaver, Fayette, Greene)

Game over.

And in Obama's case, he seems poised to perform well in the central parts of PA, around Harrisburg (as evidenced by the PA primary).
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 03:16:38 PM »

Win 50%+ of the vote in the Philadelphia suburbs (Montgomery, Bucks, Chester, Delaware)
Perform well in the counties of East Pennsylvania, north of the Philadelphia market (Lehigh, Northampton, Berks)
Perform OK in the counties surrounding Pittsburgh (Westmoreland, Washington, Beaver, Fayette, Greene)

Game over.

And in Obama's case, he seems poised to perform well in the central parts of PA, around Harrisburg (as evidenced by the PA primary).

The 80% margin is low for Phila.  Doing "okay" is meaningless without an actual percentage.  Even a 50% win, just barely over 50% in the Phila 'burbs would probably lead to a loss in the state.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 06:03:24 PM »

Obama is not winning Philly with more than 80% of the vote.
tokar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2008, 06:21:40 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2008, 07:58:17 PM by tokar »

Game over.

The 80% margin is low for Phila.  Doing "okay" is meaningless without an actual percentage.  Even a 50% win, just barely over 50% in the Phila 'burbs would probably lead to a loss in the state.

Sure about that statement?

You are just making this too easy for me.

Assuming "Philly burbs" to mean Montgomery, Chester, Bucks and Delaware:
2000:
Gore won the Philly burbs with just 51% of the vote (Bush was at 49%).  Gore won Pennsylvania
2004:
Kerry won the Philly burbs with just 53% of the vote (Bush was at 46%).  Kerry won Pennsylvania

So, you want to rethink that statement again?

Obama is not winning Philly with more than 80% of the vote.

Earth to Phil.
Gore won Philadelphia with 80.04% of the vote.
Kerry won Philadelphia with 80.44% of the vote.

Gore winning 80% is not surprising, but KERRY winning 80% in 2004 is a surprise.  If Kerry can win 80%, then Obama should have no problem winning 80%.
tokar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2008, 01:21:55 PM »

Still waiting on those USelectionatlas prediction maps J.J and KeystonePhil.

It takes 5 minutes (not even) to fill out: https://uselectionatlas.org/PRED/PRESIDENT/2008/pred.php?action=step2
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2008, 02:27:44 PM »

Earth to Phil.

Gore winning 80% is not surprising, but KERRY winning 80% in 2004 is a surprise.  If Kerry can win 80%, then Obama should have no problem winning 80%.

Oh, man. I wish I could be as simplistic as you. "If Kerry and Gore can do it than Obama obviously has no problem!"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 04:29:29 PM »

Earth to Phil.

Oh, man. I wish I could be as simplistic as you. "If Kerry and Gore can do it than Obama obviously has no problem!"

Considering that Obama is polling much better than Gore or Kerry...
tokar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2008, 04:53:47 PM »

Earth to Phil.

Put your money where your mouth is:
https://uselectionatlas.org/PRED/PRESIDENT/2008/pred.php?action=step2
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2008, 05:00:12 PM »

Game over.

Sure about that statement?

You are just making this too easy for me.

Assuming "Philly burbs" to mean Montgomery, Chester, Bucks and Delaware:
2000:
Gore won the Philly burbs with just 51% of the vote (Bush was at 49%).  Gore won Pennsylvania
2004:
Kerry won the Philly burbs with just 53% of the vote (Bush was at 46%).  Kerry won Pennsylvania

So, you want to rethink that statement again?

No, 53% came close to losing the state for Kerry.  Bush also gained a bit over a percentage in Phila.

Still waiting on those USelectionatlas prediction maps J.J and KeystonePhil.

It takes 5 minutes (not even) to fill out: https://uselectionatlas.org/PRED/PRESIDENT/2008/pred.php?action=step2
  Something between 20%-25% in Phila has been the tipping point in PA for the Republicans. 

You've seen the post, that is all you will be getting.
tokar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »

No, 53% came close to losing the state for Kerry.  Bush also gained a bit over a percentage in Phila.

He still won it.  Period.  If 53% in the burbs equates to  win, then Obama should have no problem winning PA because he will be besting that 53%.

Ugh...chicken...I get it.  Dont like to have your predictions on a record which can be ridiculed.  I get it...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »

He still won it.  Period.  If 53% in the burbs equates to  win, then Obama should have no problem winning PA because he will be besting that 53%.

Ugh...chicken...I get it.  Dont like to have your predictions on a record which can be ridiculed.  I get it...

No, my predictions are posted and were in September.  The link has been posted and I've referred to it repeatedly.  If you can't understand that, then you are just not that bright.

Now, 53% in Montco barely gave Kerry the state, with sizable wins in Delco and Phila.  Obama to carry PA, really needs to do better than 75% in Phila.  I think he will.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2008, 07:27:42 PM »

It'd actually be a fairly impressive achievement for Obama to win PA by 9-13 percentage points while simutaneously failing to breach 80% in Philly county.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2008, 08:00:25 PM »

It'd actually be a fairly impressive achievement for Obama to win PA by 9-13 percentage points while simutaneously failing to breach 80% in Philly county.

He has to win PA by 9-13 points first.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies