Virginia is the The One
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:56:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Virginia is the The One
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia is the The One  (Read 1198 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2008, 11:35:50 PM »
« edited: October 23, 2008, 11:39:06 PM by Torie »

Well if the election tightens up, and if Murtha is right, I see late night calls in PA and VA, with VA doing a Webb, as Fairfax finally finishes counting. So the twin "if" scenario, with The One bagging 270 EV's:

Do I think this likely to happen? No.

Ignore the shading. Shading is too much work. Let the young and the strong do that!

Yucca Valley and collapsing home prices will sink McCain in Nevada by the way.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »

I pointed this out yesterday, but it's really just a "backup plan", since the odds of PA falling are simply too slim.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 11:41:23 PM »

Murtha is very right.  it's just that plenty of people are going to simultaneously call Obama a n and vote for him.  I've got two of them in my family, not to be Nasoeqsue here, but "I've never been a fan of left-handed ns" and "if Obama wins all of the ns are going to be looking for handouts" both came from Obama voters within my family that fit the mold that Murtha has been talking about.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 11:43:54 PM »

Obama will win Pennsylvania comfortably and Virginia semi-comfortably (5-6 points).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:44:26 PM »

Murtha is very right.  it's just that plenty of people are going to simultaneously call Obama a n and vote for him.  I've got two of them in my family, not to be Nasoeqsue here, but "I've never been a fan of left-handed ns" and "if Obama wins all of the ns are going to be looking for handouts" both came from Obama voters within my family that fit the mold that Murtha has been talking about.

Hell, people accuse me of being bigoted toward Muslims. Who is the only Atlasian to have voted fora  Muslim?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 11:54:43 PM »

Hell, people accuse me of being bigoted toward Muslims. Who is the only Atlasian to have voted fora  Muslim?

I love when you volunteer to have your stupidity exposed.

We say you're bigoted towards Muslims because...uh...well...you've said that you hate Muslims in the past!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 11:56:01 PM »

I love when you volunteer to have your stupidity exposed.

We say you're bigoted towards Muslims because...uh...well...you've said that you hate Muslims in the past!

Yeah and I voted for a Muslim and will vote for him again in November. So what does that mean?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 12:02:19 AM »

But I voted for one. So clearly some people who hate blacks will vote for a black.

Hell I voted for a Catholic for President in 2004.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 12:03:46 AM »

But I voted for one. So clearly some people who hate blacks will vote for a black.

...but that doesn't prove that you don't generally hate those people. That's the conversation here; not whether or not people will vote for someone they hate.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 12:04:09 AM »

Phil, when did BRTD say he hated Muslims most of all? I think he "hates" suburbs and Christian Evangelicals more myself, and maybe Republicans as barely nosing out Muslims for the number three spot. Smiley.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 12:05:50 AM »

Phil, when did BRTD say he hated Muslims most of all? I think he "hates" suburbs and Christian Evangelicals more myself, and maybe Republicans as barely nosing out Muslims for the number three spot. Smiley.

Most of all? I never claimed that he hated them most of all.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 02:56:14 AM »

...but that doesn't prove that you don't generally hate those people. That's the conversation here; not whether or not people will vote for someone they hate.

I'll remember that the next time you try telling people that Rick Santorum doesn't hate gays.
Link: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=84668.msg1752403#msg1752403
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 04:16:10 AM »

Well if the election tightens up, and if Murtha is right, I see late night calls in PA and VA, with VA doing a Webb, as Fairfax finally finishes counting. So the twin "if" scenario, with The One bagging 270 EV's:

Do I think this likely to happen? No.

Ignore the shading. Shading is too much work. Let the young and the strong do that!

Yucca Valley and collapsing home prices will sink McCain in Nevada by the way.

I hope you are right, but I have no confidence in Obama winning Nevada or Virginia, I'm afraid.  I'm beginning to even have fears about Colorado.

So this:

Or even this:

Seem like distinct possibilities to me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 01:25:01 PM »

I'll remember that the next time you try telling people that Rick Santorum doesn't hate gays.
Link: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=84668.msg1752403#msg1752403

And I countered that argument, dumb.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 01:31:07 PM »

You might want to look at the same pollsters early October polls in PA and the more recent ones.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies