Agree or Disagree: Day 16: Homosexuality is immoral
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:29:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Agree or Disagree: Day 16: Homosexuality is immoral
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Agree or Disagree: Day 16: Homosexuality is immoral
Agree

Disagree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Agree or Disagree: Day 16: Homosexuality is immoral  (Read 5386 times)
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2008, 08:16:38 AM »

Well then, we'll have to agree to disagree then. It's not like we hope/want/know that people who are gay will burn you know, we're just saying what we think and God will really decide it then.

As for not being true friends with someone who is gay, I do have friends that are gay, they know my views and they are ok with it. It's not like I'm constantly telling them that or anything of the sort. And to add to that Rin-chan has dated someone who was bisexual in the past, and that is with knowing that they weren't fully straight.

It's still there in the back of your mind though, isn't it? I guess I can't get past the fact you'll be friends with a person and say you're not judging them when really that's what you are doing, all the time. The only difference between me and you is the gender we fall in love with, and if you really believe God is gonna condemn me because of love then all I can feel for you is pity. I apologise if it feels like I'm singling you out specifically because I don't mean to, it's just that I'm so damned tired of what I feel is a gross double-standard.

It's hard to read with a dick in your mouth (one would assume).

Does this argument apply to Rin-Chan, too?

Ok dude, wtf? Seriously, was that really necessary? The answer is no. It's disgusting and not right to say, so just please don't do something that pathetic again, ok?

The "wtf" is to make the point that posting something so vulgar could be easily applied to anyone who isn't a straight man, and if that's as offensive as it is and should be, that should teach something.

I am not getting into the morality debate, but I was making a point about people reducing gays to vulgar sexuality above all else. I certainly intended nothing personal by bringing in the name of the one woman I know to post to this thread, who I know nothing about, and I share your view of the inappropriateness of talking about people that way. 

Good point. If any of you felt any difference in your reaction to that joke when it was aimed at a straight woman rather than a gay man, you might want to ask yourself why.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2008, 11:20:57 PM »

Agreed.  God created the institution of heterosexual marriage for the moral context of sex.

Yeah yeah.. and on the 8th day, God said "whoops!"

there was no 8th day...there wasn't even an evening on the 7th day, for the 7th day was eternal

So, how long were the six days before that?

the sun and moon weren't created until the forth day, so it is impossible to tell...which means it is irrelevant
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2008, 11:24:15 PM »

I disagree that homosexuality is immoral.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »

Agreed.  God created the institution of heterosexual marriage for the moral context of sex.

Yeah yeah.. and on the 8th day, God said "whoops!"

there was no 8th day...there wasn't even an evening on the 7th day, for the 7th day was eternal

So, how long were the six days before that?

the sun and moon weren't created until the forth day, so it is impossible to tell...which means it is irrelevant

Why would it be irrelevent? Aren't you curious about things like that?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2008, 09:04:45 AM »

Agreed.  Everyone has a duty to conform to society's norms.  Homosexuality is almost as bad as being left-handed or a hippie.

I just LOL'd all over my keyboard.

I have given up trying to get these clowns to pay for my replacement keyboards.  It's just the risk we take by choosing to be here. 

We have some seriously funny people here.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies