Gallup's track record (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:45:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Gallup's track record (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup's track record  (Read 27874 times)
GOPman
Rookie

« on: September 17, 2004, 01:30:50 AM »

Hey John Ford. Look for another one of those "suspicious stories" to be played by the dems just prior to election night. You can bet they have a nugget just waiting to be thrown to th public. I don't think it will fool enough people this time though, sadly it will fool some. Some people just don't like playing fair, because they can't win that way. Rules don't really mean anything to some people.
GOPman
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 01:46:02 AM »

Was the DUI story false?

I agree that it shouldn't have mattered in people's votes...but was it untrue?

I don't know man, but should it have really mattered? Lets say it is true, everyone makes mistakes. Plus, don't you get tired of people rehashing 4 yr old stuff to try and sway an election?
GOPman
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 01:58:26 AM »

I agree, it shouldn't have mattered. But you could say the same thing about the Swift Boat stuff.

Face it, both sides do it. I agree that we should talk about the issues and not all of this extraneous BS, but that's politics unfortunately, and it's naive to say that one side is worse than the other.

Your one of the most reasonable people I have talked to about that issue. I think debating the issues we face at hand are the important things in this election. Not trying to show who served honorably 30 years ago while in the service. I don't think military service even qualifies a person to hold the presidency. Im not a Clinton fan, but I never thought the fact he evaded military service disqualified him from becoming prez., although I think he had other issues that did.
GOPman
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 02:16:11 AM »

Bush was asked if he had a DWI arrest in the '70s. He said no. Releasing the DWI arrest information at whatever time they felt like was completely fair game. Bush was attacking Gore for his positions on the issues in 1974. Of course a DWI by the older Bush in 1976 was relevant.

A couple of things. #1 Why was this issue (DWI) not settled in 2000 if you still have problems with it and why are we re-hashing it all now? #2 What was Bush attacking Gore for in 1974? I think most people would disagree that a DWI by GWB in 1976 is not relevant as to whether he is capable of performing as president.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies