Potential female presidents in today's politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:31:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Potential female presidents in today's politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is there a rising female president out there right now?
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)

Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK)

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (D-KS)

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX)

Gov. Janet Napolitano (D-AZ)

Sec. Condoleezza Rice (R)

Rep. Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin (D-SD)

Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME)

Gov. Bev Perdue (D-NC)

Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-AK)

Sen. Claire McKaskill (D-MO)

Atty Gen. Lisa Madigan (D-IL)

Carly Fiorina/Meg Whitman (R)

Chelsea Clinton (D)

Other (please name others if you have specific alternatives)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Potential female presidents in today's politics  (Read 15143 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« on: November 17, 2008, 12:47:46 PM »

Keep an eye on Kay Hagan.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 09:25:17 AM »

She don't want it at all.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 06:55:04 PM »

If Obama loses re-election then Kay Hagan could be on the ticket as soon as 2016.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 07:19:27 PM »

If Obama loses re-election then Kay Hagan could be on the ticket as soon as 2016.

I think Secretary of State-designate Hillary Clinton has a greater chance of being on a Democratic ticket in the near future than Senator-elect Kay Hagan and that's saying something.

We will see.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »

Hillary isn't as liberal as most of her fellow Democratic female senators. She falls somewhere between the Boxer/Murray type and Lincoln/Landrieu type on that spectrum, so she was never deemed a whackjob.  Most female Republican senator are too liberal/moderate for their party at the national level too, which is why I tend to expect more from the female Democrats from southern states who can play the family values angle and whatnot.

Anyway, 10 years ago, there were 8 female senators. The next Congress will have 16-19 depending on final replacements of vacated seats. Women are incredibly more active in state and local politics than ever before, so it's expected that this number will continue to rise.  I wonder if there will ever be a day with 50+ seats being held by women.

We can only hope. I strongly believe women make better politicians.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 11:04:20 PM »

Hillary isn't as liberal as most of her fellow Democratic female senators. She falls somewhere between the Boxer/Murray type and Lincoln/Landrieu type on that spectrum, so she was never deemed a whackjob.  Most female Republican senator are too liberal/moderate for their party at the national level too, which is why I tend to expect more from the female Democrats from southern states who can play the family values angle and whatnot.

Anyway, 10 years ago, there were 8 female senators. The next Congress will have 16-19 depending on final replacements of vacated seats. Women are incredibly more active in state and local politics than ever before, so it's expected that this number will continue to rise.  I wonder if there will ever be a day with 50+ seats being held by women.

Why? Women are just as vulnerable to moral failing, greed, corruption, or heartlessness as male politicians. Yes, statistically, they tend to be more liberal than the average within both parties, but it all depends on the woman. Gender essentialism would be a mistake, IMO.

No, I say that because women because most women's like the think out-side of the box to fix problems, men like plain black and white ideas. Also women more then men think about how things/actions will effect others. Also women know how to get people to do what they want. But that is just my view and how I see things.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 11:28:29 PM »

Why? Women are just as vulnerable to moral failing, greed, corruption, or heartlessness as male politicians. Yes, statistically, they tend to be more liberal than the average within both parties, but it all depends on the woman. Gender essentialism would be a mistake, IMO.

No, I say that because women because most women's like the think out-side of the box to fix problems, men like plain black and white ideas. Also women more then men think about how things/actions will effect others. Also women know how to get people to do what they want. But that is just my view and how I see things.

Do you have any proof of this or is it just your conjecture?

Just my view.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies