percentage of population made up of racial minorities by country? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:48:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  percentage of population made up of racial minorities by country? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: percentage of population made up of racial minorities by country?  (Read 7055 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 27, 2008, 06:55:01 PM »

Just curious.....is there any kind of table anywhere out there that indicates what percentage of each country's population is made up of racial minorities?  Or at least for Western countries?

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 12:33:43 AM »

Well yeah, I can look up the individual countries one by one, but I was hoping there was just a table somewhere.  OK, let me rephrase the question: The reason I was thinking about this was because I was thinking that Obama, assuming he wins on Tuesday, will probably be the first racial minority elected head of government in a Western country.  (Will he be?  Or is there someone else who I'm forgetting?)  Of course since (I think, not sure about this) the US has a larger minority population than any other Western country, it was statistically more likely to happen there first.

So I was wondering what might be the second Western country to elect a racial minority as head of government......which led me to ask the question "Which Western country has the largest fraction of its population made up of racial minorities (excepting the US)?"  Anyone know the answer to *that* question?

[For the purposes of this thread, I define "Western countries" as those countries in Western Europe, plus the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.]

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies