Obama's half hour spot on the major networks.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:28:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama's half hour spot on the major networks.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama's half hour spot on the major networks.  (Read 2499 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 01:12:45 AM »

I guess I better get used to not hearing from Obama for the next four years. He's such a uniter that he's only showing his infomercial on the left leaning channels!

FOX and FOXNews are owned by the same people...  stop being stupid... it's not on MSNBC either

Actually, MSNBC is showing it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 01:13:00 AM »

This is gonna hurt him more than help him.  People hate infomercials, and this is basically what this will be.

Wishful thinking, Inks.

No, just my honest opinion.  No wishing.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 01:13:31 AM »

I guess I better get used to not hearing from Obama for the next four years. He's such a uniter that he's only showing his infomercial on the left leaning channels!

FOX and FOXNews are owned by the same people...  stop being stupid... it's not on MSNBC either

Actually MSNBC is showing it.

oh well I tried.  now I look like a dumbass.  but the point still stands about ownership
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 01:18:51 AM »

Lol At the people who are complaining that Obama is only advertising to 'certain people' or 'left leaning channels' because I certainly hope those two were complaining when McCain and Palin started elevating certain segments of the country above the others.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 01:22:26 AM »

To the republicans in this thread- you do realize it will air on every single Fox affiliated station in the country, right?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 01:56:22 AM »

Priceless exposure in every county/state in the country! It's not a hack infomercial; it's actually a pretty touching, informative piece - exactly what Americans everywhere are craving right now. It'll be enough to swing margins in unexpected states/counties.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: LANDSLIDE
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 02:05:21 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2008, 02:09:38 AM by Lunar »

This is gonna hurt him more than help him.  People hate infomercials, and this is basically what this will be.

Did it hurt Perot?  I'm pretty sure Obama's team analyzed the effect from the last time a politician did this.

They can always turn the channel.

Undecided voters might actually be interested in what Obama has to say and lightly decided voters might become solidified.

If people hate infomercials, then why do businesses buy them?  Wouldn't that create a backlash against your ShamWOW or cleaning detergent or whatever if you were correct?

I honestly can't see a backlash.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 03:13:01 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2008, 03:35:21 AM by Politico »

Did it hurt Perot?  I'm pretty sure Obama's team analyzed the effect from the last time a politician did this.

They can always turn the channel.

Undecided voters might actually be interested in what Obama has to say and lightly decided voters might become solidified.

If people hate infomercials, then why do businesses buy them?  Wouldn't that create a backlash against your ShamWOW or cleaning detergent or whatever if you were correct?

I honestly can't see a backlash.

No way will there be backlash. In fact, the biggest impact will be upon creating more support for Obama, and more undecided voters for Obama voters to pursue the last week, in places neither side has advertised heavily in (i.e., TX, LA, AR, AZ, ND, SD, MT, etc.).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies