Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:59:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it?
Yes/Yes

Yes/No

No/Yes

No/No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it?  (Read 10104 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2008, 08:33:07 PM »

Responds McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds: "As anyone who has bought anything from an infomercial knows, the sales-job is always better than the product. Buyer beware."

Pretty good line for a goofball like Tucker... can't stand that guy
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2008, 09:30:46 PM »

Responds McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds: "As anyone who has bought anything from an infomercial knows, the sales-job is always better than the product. Buyer beware."

LOL.  Well said.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2008, 09:42:52 PM »

Did Perot get hurt from his infomercials?

Or is it just candidates that y'all disagree with that get "backlash" from every single possible action they could take?

Did Perot's infomercial delay the resumption of a potentially decisive World Series game?

No, but NEITHER WILL OBAMA.

]http://news.google.com/news?rlz=1C1CHMB_enUS291&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=obama%20"world%20series"&um=1&sa=N&tab=wn

Yes, Obama's infomercial will delay the start of the game.   When the ad was bought, Game 6 was supposed to be played today.  It was scheduled to start at 8:20.  Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig agreed to move the start to 8:35.

Well, FOX Broadcasting declared that the game was planned for 8:30 and it just interfered with the pregame.

So, was there a massive backlash because McCain's convention speech delayed the start of the fist NFL game 15 minutes?

Originally, game 6 was to be played tonight in Tampa (if necessary).  The rain delayed game 5 (which should have never have been started in the first place) was postponed until today instead.  If it had started when game 6 was originally scheduled, it would have begun at 8:20.

The first NFL game went on EARLY because of the convention, not late. 
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2008, 08:00:21 AM »

I voted no/no, and ended up a yes/yes at the end of the evening.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2008, 08:08:15 AM »

Did Perot get hurt from his infomercials?

Or is it just candidates that y'all disagree with that get "backlash" from every single possible action they could take?

Did Perot's infomercial delay the resumption of a potentially decisive World Series game? Were Perot and his supporters completely over-saturated in the media coverage for the better part of a year prior to the infomercials? Did Perot's ads completely blanket every swing state for months prior to the infomericials?

I'm not saying for certain that the infomercials will create a backlash and have a net negative effect for Obama, but given the circumstances I really wouldn't be surprised if they did to at least some extent.

One of Perot's performances did delay the start of one of the playoff games by about 15 minutes if I remember correctly.  He did not over-saturate the media, since he only bought time on one channel.  The purpose of the programming was to change the topic of the debates, which he did successfully.  I don't recall him plastering the airways with commercials, but I do remember there being commercials (just like for Bush and Clinton).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies