Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:53:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it?
Yes/Yes

Yes/No

No/Yes

No/No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it?  (Read 10107 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:12:45 AM »

One of the best parts will be how the news media will be talking about it for 24 hours, even if it's neutral, McCain needs to win some news cycles.

I figure the Obama campaign can put on a good show, maybe a small bounce initially too.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 05:30:07 PM »

One of the best parts will be how the news media will be talking about it for 24 hours, even if it's neutral, McCain needs to win some news cycles.

I figure the Obama campaign can put on a good show, maybe a small bounce initially too.

I expect the McCain campaign to do something to partially preempt Obama's infomercial taking over 24 hours of the news cycle, like they did with his Veep selection.  No way McCain lets Obama win 24 hours of the cycle.

Well, then that means that he loses one stunt that he could have used to dominate the news cycle a different day.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 05:34:03 PM »

Did Perot get hurt from his infomercials?

Or is it just candidates that y'all disagree with that get "backlash" from every single possible action they could take?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 06:45:27 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2008, 08:13:15 PM by Lunar »

Or is it just candidates that y'all disagree with that get "backlash" from every single possible action they could take?

Did Perot's infomercial delay the resumption of a potentially decisive World Series game?

No, but NEITHER WILL OBAMA.

http://news.google.com/news?rlz=1C1CHMB_enUS291&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=obama%20"world%20series"&um=1&sa=N&tab=wn

Were Perot and his supporters completely over-saturated in the media coverage for the better part of a year prior to the infomercials? Did Perot's ads completely blanket every swing state for months prior to the infomericials?

Yes, McCain voters will be annoyed. 
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 08:10:56 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2008, 08:13:59 PM by Lunar »

Did Perot's infomercial delay the resumption of a potentially decisive World Series game?

No, but NEITHER WILL OBAMA.

]http://news.google.com/news?rlz=1C1CHMB_enUS291&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=obama%20"world%20series"&um=1&sa=N&tab=wn

Yes, Obama's infomercial will delay the start of the game.   When the ad was bought, Game 6 was supposed to be played today.  It was scheduled to start at 8:20.  Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig agreed to move the start to 8:35.

Well, FOX Broadcasting declared that the game was planned for 8:30 and it just interfered with the pregame.

So, was there a massive backlash because McCain's convention speech delayed the start of the fist NFL game 15 minutes?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »

When will we know the totals?  I have a feeling the numbers were low... <20m

I follow this stuff pretty closely and didn't know what time it started, just happened to stumble over it..

The rest of America hasn't even seen it yet.  I had class until 5:30 so I have to wait until 8.

There's a 10 minute thing that looks like it on Obama's website, what's the rest of it?  I understood it cut away to a live rally in Florida but that doesn't seem like enough.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:23:42 PM »

Responds McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds: "As anyone who has bought anything from an infomercial knows, the sales-job is always better than the product. Buyer beware."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies