Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:13:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it?
Yes/Yes

Yes/No

No/Yes

No/No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Will you watch the Obama infomercial/ will he get any kind of bump from it?  (Read 10100 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« on: October 29, 2008, 01:31:34 PM »

Honestly, I'm not sure any undecideds really want to listen to Obama speak for a solid half hour, unless he is actually going to start saying something concrete instead of speaking in broad brush strokes.  A policy proposal would help, but frankly, I think people are getting sick of seeing his commercials.  I mean, I live in MD and watch Baltimore market TV (very limited reach into PA, York area mostly) -- I can only imagine what it's like in a state that actually matters in this election.  It's like, yeah, we get the point already.  Say something new or go away.

Also, any bump will be somewhat negated by those people pissed that their regular show times got delayed by this nonsense.  (Especially the World Series viewers, and especially if the game goes late.)

Personally, I'll read the pundit reviews of it.  I don't need to do the heavy lifting, as my vote is firm for McCain at this point.

The producers of Pushing Daisies have to be loving life.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 06:54:22 PM »

Changed my mind...I'll watch this ghey BS with the gf.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 07:08:26 PM »

Populist garbage.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 07:11:47 PM »

SAME
OLD
SH...
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »

That's another way of putting it. Coroporations evil. Working people good. You helpless victim. Bordering on dangerous protectionism (ie: prevent outsourcing). Does nothing to really address the root of these problems.

For once, I'd like some politician or reporter to actually question WHY some of these people are having their homes foreclosed in the first place. Could it be that they were wrecklessly spending beyond their means? No corporation FORCED them into taking out that loan or mortgage...whatever happened to individual responsibility?

Shhh.  Americans don't make mistakes.

Well, Republicans do.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 07:19:55 PM »

lol.

I guess im not surprised its going to be the same ole bs from people of different parties.

Republicans: TOTAL SH!T...WHERE IS MY BASEBALL!

Democrats: EXCELLANT! OBAMA WILL SHOOT UP 20 POINTS IN THE POLLS.

= ineffective

I guess we'll see, though.

My issue is that he hasn't really put forth any plans that even pique my interest.  This is going to be another 30 minutes of the same halfway, vague ideas?

And to think I was soft for Obama about 2 months ago...
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »

Same old, same old...but it does help remind his supporters why they like him.

I think adding random people he's met over the past year or so was a good idea. I like it so far. I don't think its going to sway anyone though Tongue

Yeah, but I'm not sure he really made the connection between their situation and his solutions...whatever they are.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 07:26:47 PM »

It's more of the "Obama cares" message.  I don't think he wins on being a "good fellow" as my gf is calling him as we watch.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 07:45:32 PM »

The production values were good and that cut to a live shot was pretty impressive. Getting that right and getting the timing right is not easy.

You can buy easy.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 09:30:46 PM »

Responds McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds: "As anyone who has bought anything from an infomercial knows, the sales-job is always better than the product. Buyer beware."

LOL.  Well said.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies