Got my first robocall(s) today!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:44:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Got my first robocall(s) today!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Got my first robocall(s) today!  (Read 2972 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »

So this morning, I awoke to two new messages on my answering machine. They were both from Saxby Shameless' campaign. The first one was a man going on and making vague references to how Jim Martin doesn't want to protect people who can't defend themselves. The second one was a lady who adamantly stated that Jim Martin supports partial-birth abortions and doesn't care about children. Neither robocall mentioned anything about what Saxby plans to do. It's AMAZING how low he will stoop! Of course, this is the man who accused Cleland back in '02 of being unpatriotic.
tokar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.87, S: -6.87

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »

Better change that avatar to R-GA now that you have been influenced by robocalls...

:-D
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 08:37:38 PM »

Chambliss is scared. There is a slight chance he's going to get his ass handed to him Smiley. Couldn't happen to a nicer fella!

Dave
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »

If there's one guy I want out of the senate, its Chambliss. Anyone who compares a war hero to Bin laden does not deserve to be in the senate. I have had it with these chicken sh**t republicans ruthlessly attacking patriotic Americans.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 10:07:11 PM »

If there's one guy I want out of the senate, its Chambliss. Anyone who compares a war hero to Bin laden does not deserve to be in the senate. I have had it with these chicken sh**t republicans ruthlessly attacking patriotic Americans.

The guy in the wheel chair was incompetent, and voted against the war. Chambliss just went over the top. Most politicians do. It is in their nature. They can't help themselves, and don't have the guts to tell their handlers no, I won't go there. They lack an intellectual and moral imagination. Yes, it's sad.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 10:10:37 PM »

Honestly, one of the only reasons I support Chambliss is to keep Democrats under 60 votes.  If that happens, and Obama is elected, I don't know what is going to happen to this country.

I do not like Chambliss personally, though.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 10:11:31 PM »

The guy in the wheel chair was incompetent, and voted against the war. Chambliss just went over the top. Most politicians do. It is in their nature. They can't help themselves, and don't have the guts to tell their handlers no, I won't go there. They lack an intellectual and moral imagination. Yes, it's sad.

Actually he didn't. If that were the case I would be much more pissed off.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 10:28:19 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2008, 10:31:02 PM by Torie »

Actually he didn't. If that were the case I would be much more pissed off.

Well he voted against something pugilistic. What was it?  The guy in the wheel chair, got there by detonating a hand grenade on himself. At least that is my recollection. One can honor his service, but the "hero" bit is a bit much. Not that it matters.

I can't remember the name of the guy in the wheel chair, in a senior moment. Damn!
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 10:48:57 PM »

Do you have anything against him besides the Democratic talking points?  Genuinely curious.
tokar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.87, S: -6.87

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 11:12:04 AM »

Honestly, one of the only reasons I support Chambliss is to keep Democrats under 60 votes.  If that happens, and Obama is elected, I don't know what is going to happen to this country.

The dems will in fact need 61 seats to have the coveted 60 seat filibuster-proof majority.  Joe Lieberman is not a democrat...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 04:43:25 PM »

Bear in mind, however, the fact that moderate Democrats are plentiful in the Senate and the House. There will be constraints from within which is more than them servile Republicans ever gave the inept Bush.

Not that I'm banking on any President Obama being inept, of course; quite the contrary Smiley. He listens to the opinion of others

Dave
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies