Supersoulty Concedes to Nym
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:24:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Supersoulty Concedes to Nym
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Supersoulty Concedes to Nym  (Read 3843 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2004, 11:55:54 AM »

This just in, Gov. Supersoulty is officially throwing in the towel to Sen. Nym90.  There will be a speech sometime this afternoon.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 11:56:29 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2004, 11:58:02 AM by JohnFKennedy »

still 4 mins before polls close.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 12:05:24 PM »

Nym90 accepts the concession and thanks Supersoulty on running an excellent campaign.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 12:06:15 PM »

I would just like to thank and congratulate both candidates for their integrity and honour.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 12:07:42 PM »

Supersoulty is preparing to make his concesion speech and he thanks Nym90 for his gracious comments.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 12:18:34 PM »

I congratulate President-elect Nym and VP-elect Harry on their victory. I hope that this is the beginning of a golden age in the history of Atlas.

I also thank Gov. Supersoulty for doing the honourable thing and admitting defeat, instead of calling for recounts etc.

Thanks to both of you for running a clean campaign.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 12:26:30 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2004, 12:27:18 PM by TheWildCard »

Congrats to Nym90 and Harry.

I'm sorry I wasn't here Supersoulty... Had to do some stuff I had to do and I didn't get back until now...

I'd also like to say that the way Supersoulty ran his campigne should be a model for all campignes he did it cleanly and honorably. Which is something we should all try to do.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 12:27:13 PM »

This just in, Gov. Supersoulty is about to take the podium in front of the PA state capital... and... yes... here he is.

(Claping, cheering)

Hello, hello, good afternoon everyone.  Just a few moments ago, I called to congratuate Sen. Nym90 on his victory in the election.

(Boos and cries of 'don't quite' and 'no')

Yes, yes.  He one this election fair and sqaure and we must all now get behind him and help him lead this nation into the future.

(applause)

I would like to start by thanking the voters you guys came out and showed your support and for that I am eternally greatful.

(applause)

I would next like to thank my running-mate Sen. Demrepdan.  He has been wonderful during this campaign and even though we started out the year as rivals, I would now like to count him amougn my friends.  He has still has a great career ahead of him in the Senate and I'm certain that someday he will make an excellent president no matter which party he is in.

(applause)

A specail thanks to the Attr. Gen. of California TheWildCard (aka Gen. Spartan)  His efforts inthis campaign brought in alot of people who probably wouldn't have voted otherwise.  Next to my wife and Sen. Demrepdan, he has been my greatest supporter in this effort and I thank him for his contributions to my campaign.

I would also like to announce that come summertime, there will be no sympathy votes, I am going to retire from elected politics.  

(Calls of 'NO' and 'Don't quite')

I will remain active in helping other candidates, but this nation needs a chance to explore other possibilities come Summer and there are plenty of excellent people out there.

(applause)

As I leave you now, I want you to remember that there are never ends, only beginings.  This nation has blessed me with the greatest oppertunity that any man can hope for and I thank you.  God bless you all.  God bless America and God Bless President Nym90.  Good Bye.

(Shake hands on podium then I decend into the crowd to shake- Greenday's 'Time of Your Life plays in the backround)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 12:27:56 PM »

I accept Supersoulty's concession and hope that we can all work together in the future.  I'll post some sort of speech after Nym90 and Supersoulty have made theirs.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2004, 12:32:12 PM »

*applauds supersoulty*
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 12:42:44 PM »

*Crowd goes crazy at the sight of Nym90 on podium*

*Nym90 pumping fists as he waves to crowd*

Hello!

*Cheers*

I just recently received a phonecall from Gov. Supersoulty. He has conceded the race.

*Crowd goes crazy*

I would like to thank my opponents, Gov. Supersoulty and Sen. Demrepdan, for running a fabulous race. They are both very fine individuals and I hope that they will continue to serve their country with honor and distinction for some time to come.

*Applause*

Well, folks, it's been quite a ride. We've seen an amazing sequence of events over these last few days. The networks called this thing for Supersoulty. But the networks called this awfully early, and the people who were actually out their counting the votes in Pennsylvania and Florida, they were getting a different result.

*Laughter*

I would like to extend the most gracious appreciation to all who voted for me. In my acceptance speech in New Orleans, I indiciated my willingness and enthusiasm for reaching out across the aisle to voters of all persuasions and ideologies. And if the exit polls are to be believed, we have done that tonight. We carried the indepenent vote, and attracted a pretty decent percentage of crossover votes from Republicans.

*Applause*

Tonight, you have shown us what America is all about. Voter turnout, again, if the networks are to be believed, was extroardinarily high tonight. I'm hearing that it was over 80% of registered voters. America, this is what we need. Full, active participation in our democracy.

*Applause*

With that said, I look forward to announcing my cabinet choices over the next few days. I pledge that I will include and consider people from all across the aisle. To the swing voters, to the independents, and to the Republicans--we will reach out to you.

*Applause*

However, let us also not forget those who have stuck with us through thick and thin. When things didn't look good, when I was behind in the polls, both in the primary and in the general election, you stuck with me.  I would like to especially thank Gustaf, who did a fabulous job with our get out the vote operation.

*Cheers*

And with that, let's go forward! We've got a job to do! We will not rest until we know that America is all that it can be, and each and every American has lived up to their full potential.

*Wild Cheers*

And with that, I turn it over to my wonderful running mate, the next Vice President of the United States, Harry!

*Cheers*
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 12:45:56 PM »

Well, folks, it's been quite a ride. We've seen an amazing sequence of events over these last few days. The networks called this thing for Supersoulty. But the networks called this awfully early, and the people who were actually out their counting the votes in Pennsylvania and Florida, they were getting a different result.

Excuse me? I called it for you.... I called a Democratic win thank you very much Tongue
dunn

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 12:50:28 PM »

*Crowd goes crazy at the sight of Nym90 on podium*

*Nym90 pumping fists as he waves to crowd*

Hello!

*Cheers*

I just recently received a phonecall from Gov. Supersoulty. He has conceded the race.

*Crowd goes crazy*

I would like to thank my opponents, Gov. Supersoulty and Sen. Demrepdan, for running a fabulous race. They are both very fine individuals and I hope that they will continue to serve their country with honor and distinction for some time to come.

*Applause*

*Laughter*

I would like to extend the most gracious appreciation to all who voted for me. In my acceptance speech in New Orleans, I indiciated my willingness and enthusiasm for reaching out across the aisle to voters of all persuasions and ideologies. And if the exit polls are to be believed, we have done that tonight. We carried the indepenent vote, and attracted a pretty decent percentage of crossover votes from Republicans.

*Applause*

Tonight, you have shown us what America is all about. Voter turnout, again, if the networks are to be believed, was extroardinarily high tonight. I'm hearing that it was over 80% of registered voters. America, this is what we need. Full, active participation in our democracy.

*Applause*

With that said, I look forward to announcing my cabinet choices over the next few days. I pledge that I will include and consider people from all across the aisle. To the swing voters, to the independents, and to the Republicans--we will reach out to you.

*Applause*

However, let us also not forget those who have stuck with us through thick and thin. When things didn't look good, when I was behind in the polls, both in the primary and in the general election, you stuck with me.  I would like to especially thank Gustaf, who did a fabulous job with our get out the vote operation.

*Cheers*

And with that, let's go forward! We've got a job to do! We will not rest until we know that America is all that it can be, and each and every American has lived up to their full potential.

*Wild Cheers*

And with that, I turn it over to my wonderful running mate, the next Vice President of the United States, Harry!

*Cheers*

I congratulate the next president and his vp and calls him on this great hour in out history to join my and others call for a constitutional convention asap
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 12:56:14 PM »

*Harry steps out onto a platform in Jackson, MS*

I didn't really prepare an acceptance speech, cause I thought I was going to lose Smiley

*crowd laughs*

We did it.

*crowd cheers*

I want to thank everyone of you who voted for me.  This was certainly an unusual election.  We carried Mississippi and North Carolina, and dented into states where Democrats haven't gone in years!

*crowd applauds*

Thanks to everyone; we've had the highest turnout rate since I don't know when!  We've nearly doubled that of the some of the recent elections!

*crowd cheers*

I want to thank supersoulty and Demrepdam for running a clean campaign and conceding gracefully.  They've been great.

*some people in the crowd clap*

I look forward to working with them in the future.

*crowd claps more*

Gustaf, I thank you the most.  Without your registration drive, we would have been sunk.

*crowd applauds*

Now it's time to begin my term as vice-president.  I know that I can improve the forum greatly.  I will not let you down.

*crowd goes wild*

We'll now have to have a constitutional convention to determine everyone's exact power.  I intend to play a big part and I hope all of you will as well.

With that, I'm done.  Thanks all of you.

*HUGE STANDING WILD OVATION*

the feed now goes to Springfield, IL, where Demrepdan is preparing to speak . . .
Demrepdan

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2004, 02:19:05 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2004, 02:20:03 PM by Demrepdan »

Demrepdan's Speech: Part I

DBC News Report:
We are awaiting Sen. Demrepdan's concession speech here in Springfield, Illinois. Here he comes now, lets try to listen.

(Applause and people cheering DEM REP DEM REP DEM REP DEM REP)

Thank you! Thank you! Ok...

(Cheering continues)

Ok...yes....thank you...

(Cheering continues...)

Alright....thank you, folks....ok....yes! Thank...

(WILD cheering continues)

Ok...calm down now...calm down..I still have a speech to make...

(crowd laughs).

Whew boy....wow...*ahem*...as I'm sure...you've all heard the news....Sen. Nym of Michigan...will be the next President....and will be sworn in on March 6th. And Harry of Mississippi will be at his side as Vice President.

(crowd boos)

No, no...no booing. Don't be sad that we lost! We didn't lose! We should look at what we've accomplished! Look at us! Look at how far our cause has gone! Remember back in January when I switched parties and ran as a Republican in order to change the image of Republicans? Remember that?

(Cheers)

And remember when it was a near CERTAINTY that we would lose..because I was too liberal to be a Republican? Did we give up hope then?

(NO!!!!)

That's right! We didn't! We kept fighting on! And we were given a great opportunity! Supersoulty offered me to be his running mate and the next possible Vice President of the
Atlas Forum on a major party ticket!!!

(cheers)

See how far we made it? See how far we have come? Even if we didn't get elected, that is damn fine honor! And I think win or lose....WE..as a team...we have won today!

(cheers)

We have a tough road ahead. A tough road. I may soon lose my seat as Senator, because many wish to have a change in the current system.

(awww!! NO!!)

But that's ok, change is good! Change is a good thing! Change is what has gotten us so far! Change is what has gotten me from a low position, to the Vice Presidential nominee of the Republican Party!

(cheers)

And I welcome this change, I look forward to it. I am anxious to have a constitutional convention this spring, which will set forth the rules of the Fantasy Election and I hope to have this cause lead by the idealistic DUNN who came up with this idea. I look forward to lending my ideas to the system, and having a government of the people...by the people....and FOR the people of the U.S. Presidential Election Atlas Forum!!!

(wild cheers)

I will help to push this movement along..and make it work for all. But as it seems now, my position of power as Senator may come to an end as I have stated before. But the Dem Rep campaign will stay in for the fight. The Dem Rep campaign will stay in politics and work and fight for YOU...the voters who put us politicians in a position of power!

(cheers)

One of the reasons I will not end our cause, is because I have experienced first hand what a Democratic or Republican avatar can do to you. People see your avatar and treat you differently. People look at the face value, and not what your beliefs are. As I have stated MANY times, I share several ideas expressed by both political parties, although I am a liberal I am a moderate liberal. I would often consider myself a member of both parties thus making me a Democratic-Republican. But in this campaign all too often enough my beliefs meant nothing. It was what my avatar was. When I had a Democratic avatar I experienced the same thing. And that's why we will STAY in politics, that is why we will make people realize that a lot of their problems just come from partisan politics, and looking at the other side as being WRONG and engulfing in their own side and not wanting to reach across to HELP people for the good of the nation. That’s' why we will stay in politics so we can make people look at the PERSON and if their views may ultimately be best for the country and not their own political party, we will force people to look at the PERSON and not the avatar, and not his or her political party affiliation!

(wild cheers)

continued....
Demrepdan

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2004, 02:19:24 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2004, 02:27:01 PM by Demrepdan »

Demrepdan's Speech: Part II

As aforementioned, I am a moderate but I still swing to be a bit more liberal. I have also been more of a Democrat than a Republican. Accordingly, I will now switch my avatar back to a Democrat from Illinois.

(awww..boo!!)

Now now...although I may be returning to be a Democrat, that doesn't mean I won't keep many of my Republican ideas, and REACH out to Republicans as many Democrats probably wouldn't do.

(crowd laughs)

And the Dem Rep campaign has STILL yet to hear back from Dave on putting up Dem-Rep avatars, so if that ever gets accomplished then I’ll be using that instead!

(crowd laughs...then applauds)

Now that NYM has won we have a new era here at the forums. An era of Presidents, and NYM is officially the first President. He was a member of the old forum since early 2001 and now he is our elected President. And I will give him and his Vice President Harry the full support they need. We may not agree with each other on ALL the issues, but I will work with them to do what we all should do, and that is better the country.

(crowd cheers)

Last, be certainty not least..I'd like to mention something. And I mention it last because I often like to save the best things for last, and this thing has a great deal of potency. I would like to thank Supersoulty for everything he had done for me.

(crowd cheers and applause)

I owe EVERYTHING to him, and I would not have made it as far as I have now if it were not for him. Although we first started out as rivals for the Republican nomination, we put aside our differences and fought together for a good cause. We may not have agreed and every issue, just as I don't agree with the positions on every issue President-Elect NYM takes, but we still saw what we had to do for this country, and we came together to do it. We saw what we had to do and a Republican and a Democrat came together to fight for what was right to form a NEW team, for a NEW era. A team where Democrats and Republicans work together. And our party ticket very much displayed that. We were indeed a NEW team for a NEW era, and I hope our team loses no allegiances. I hope our team can CONTINUE to reach out to both parties as we all MUST do to make America work. It is a new era indeed, a BETTER era, and this is just the beginning. And we would have never been able to do it, if it were not for Gov. Supersoulty. I am very sad indeed to hear recently that Supersoulty will make a withdrawal from Forum politics. This saddens me more so than even losing the election. We are losing a good man today, people. We are losing a good man, a great Republican, and a fine person, and I wish him well in whatever course he plans to take in the future. And I thank him wholeheartedly, and I give him TREMENDOUS appreciation for everything he has done for me, and I will never forget it.

(WILD APPLAUSE AND CHEERS)

I leave you today, as tears draw in my eyes. Not tears of anguish, but of joy. When I look back and everything we have done, I see nothing to be sad about, only things to be happy about. We still have a long road ahead of us. And at times it may be very bumpy, but we are ready to face these bumps, we are ready to face these challenges, LET THEM COME!

(wild cheers)

Only TOGETHER can we bring this country forward, and that's how I intend to do it, that's why I intend to fight for YOU. Don't be sad because we lost, be happy because we WON. And we did, we WON! GOD BLESS YOU! GOD BLESS THE DEMOCRATIC-REPUBLICAN PARTY! GOD BLESS OUR CAUSE! GOD BLESS THE FORUM! AND GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

(THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE AND WILD CHEERS)

Reporter: Now we leave Former Senator Demrepdan's speech. There we see him shaking the hands of his supporters vigorously. Pumping his fists into the air. He has now grabbed a miniature American flag from a supporter and his waving in high into the air. This may indeed be the most important speech Demrepdan has made and will make during his entire political career. We will take a break, and DBC news will come back shortly with Pat Buchanan to talk about Demrepdan’s political future.

JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2004, 02:24:38 PM »

so the prodigial son returns to us..... lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies