Constitution Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:17:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Constitution Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitution Party  (Read 3453 times)
imakuni

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2008, 07:42:20 PM »

Assuming that McCain/Palin loses this year, what are the chances of Palin running as the Constitution Party candidate in 2012. I know they would love to have her, and I think it's possible because of her views and because her husband is a former member of the CP's Alaska affiliate (The Alaskan Independence Party).

Any thoughts?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:16:32 PM »

Though she'd be more then welcome in the party I'm registered with the chances of any such thing are unlikely.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »

Wouldn't happen?

Though she'd be more then welcome in the party I'm registered with the chances of any such thing are unlikely.

Why the change in avatar?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 11:15:54 PM »

Wouldn't happen?

I'm showing the party I support this election. We can't afford to vote third party this election, Obama is to dangerous.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:21:21 PM »

Wouldn't happen?

I'm showing the party I support this election. We can't afford to vote third party this election, Obama is to dangerous.

Says you. Angry
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 11:24:44 PM »

Wouldn't happen?

Says you. Angry

I live in a state in which my vote matters, can you say the same?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 11:36:33 PM »

Wouldn't happen?

Says you. Angry

Darn you & your logic. Tongue

Seriously though, people don't notice third party performance unless they achieve at least 2%. In a state that's already decided, like California, it helps to vote for anyone other than Obama. My mother voted for Bob Barr, which is why I have a Barr banner now. Grin

My point is, that even if you live in a state that is guaranteed to vote for one or the other candidate, your vote still matters in that it can add to or detract from the mandate of the winner. So where I live, we can afford to vote third-party. Tongue
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 12:05:27 AM »

Wouldn't happen?

Says you. Angry

Your vote has a 0.0000001% chance of actually affecting the election. Even in the closest election to date, you would have to have 537 friends to have an influence. Vote for conscience and vote for Baldwin.
imakuni

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 12:19:43 PM »

...thanks for staying on topic everyone.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »

She wouldn't do it. Only circumstance I see where it's even a possibility:

She runs and loses a bitterly contested Republican primary, which causes huge polarization within the party. She decides to run in the general, and for ballot access reasons (or something) she decides to run under a third party banner rather than as an independent.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 04:23:33 PM »

...thanks for staying on topic everyone.

No prob Bob. It's a tradition on this forum.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »

As for the question, I doubt that she would run under the Constitution Party, and doubt even more that they would accept a McCain ally. They rejected Alan Keyes this year for the nomination when his only disagreement was foreign policy.
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 07:46:12 PM »

Wouldn't happen?

Well I am really R - GA but I have a D - AR avatar for fun, does that mean I am doing wrongdoing/
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 12:48:42 AM »

Sarah Palin 2000? Maybe. Sarah Palin 2008? Nope. Granted Palin had to echo McCain's views, but I liked Palin a lot more before she became McCain's running mate.

It looked like Jim Gilchrist (Minuteman Project Founder) might run. Then maybe Roy Moore or Bob Smith. Then neocon Alan Keyes did run. Chuck Baldwin, though not a big name like the others, was a good candidate.

One piece of good news this year is that Nader, the CP, the LP, and the GP all went up in vote totals AND percentage. (Impressive given that Barr missed some ballots and Keyes stole Baldwin's ballot line in CA.) Still, the worse the choices given by the Republicrats, the more likely people are to vote for a slightly less horrible choice just to make sure the more horrible choice doesn't win.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 01:16:15 AM »

Sarah Palin 2000? Maybe. Sarah Palin 2008? Nope. Granted Palin had to echo McCain's views, but I liked Palin a lot more before she became McCain's running mate.

It looked like Jim Gilchrist (Minuteman Project Founder) might run. Then maybe Roy Moore or Bob Smith. Then neocon Alan Keyes did run. Chuck Baldwin, though not a big name like the others, was a good candidate.

One piece of good news this year is that Nader, the CP, the LP, and the GP all went up in vote totals AND percentage. (Impressive given that Barr missed some ballots and Keyes stole Baldwin's ballot line in CA.) Still, the worse the choices given by the Republicrats, the more likely people are to vote for a slightly less horrible choice just to make sure the more horrible choice doesn't win.

2004 was pretty much rock bottom for the non-Republicratic vote. Also, if Baldwin had gotten the line in CA, my mother would have voted for him. Since he didn't, she voted for Barr.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies