Reps and Dems: Which Third Party... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:15:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Reps and Dems: Which Third Party... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reps and Dems: Which Third Party...  (Read 14059 times)
Ats
Rookie

« on: October 13, 2004, 09:57:19 AM »

The Libertarian Party has three times more elected government officials than the Green Party. They are clealry hte larger and more influential of the two parties.

But yes, they have no chance at becoming a major force unless they become less ideological. Even so, the political split is increasingly between libertarians and populists, as opposed to conservatives and liberals nowadays.
Ats
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 10:06:47 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2004, 10:09:55 AM by Ats »

One thing that I know for certain, not many campuses that I have ever heard of have a "Campus Libertarians".  Young recruitment is key to having a solid party aparatus.  The Libertarians don't have that.

Well I know members of fairly well-organized campus libertarian clubs at several different universities, including five Ivy League.

There is a definitely a campus libertarians organization at Pitt, and a fairly strong one at that. I know two members, and there are many badnarik signs on poles in campus.

My local high school districts also have a somewhat libertarian outlook.
Ats
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 10:08:12 AM »

http://www.lp.org/organization/campus.php

306 total campus organizations. We are usually in the more major colleges. I would agree though that we should step up college recruitment, which would especially be effective at technical schools(lots of techies and engineers have libertarian attitutes).

Heh... the Case Western (a techie school) Libertarians organized the only major protest to the debates, and as far as I know are the best-organized college libertarians group.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies