Reps and Dems: Which Third Party... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:30:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Reps and Dems: Which Third Party... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reps and Dems: Which Third Party...  (Read 14036 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: October 07, 2004, 12:12:00 AM »

I would say the Greens simply because the Libertarians (by their nature) are not nearly as organized as the Greens and they really don't have a solid vote base.  No CD that I know of could acctually be won by a Libertarian.  I think the Greens could win several districts on the West Coast if they got their act together and feilded some decent candidates.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 12:17:35 AM »

Constitution Party. When the Republican party dies they'll be ready to take over. After all their platforms are almost identical.

Not nearly.  They are pratically religious facists.  They are also into all the conspirecy theory sh**t.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 11:14:49 PM »

I would say the Greens simply because the Libertarians (by their nature) are not nearly as organized as the Greens and they really don't have a solid vote base.

1. We are very organized, especially this year. We managed ballot access in more states than all the other third parties, and that takes organization.

2. There is a consistent base of support. All our candidates, except for president, seem to get at least 2% of the vote. It is that level or higher when we field a good candidate. We could likely get voted in in many Congressional districts if we had the funds to run viable campaigns. (unfortunately most of our voters don't give money)

One thing that I know for certain, not many campuses that I have ever heard of have a "Campus Libertarians".  Young recruitment is key to having a solid party aparatus.  The Libertarians don't have that.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 11:44:38 AM »

I would say the Greens simply because the Libertarians (by their nature) are not nearly as organized as the Greens and they really don't have a solid vote base.

1. We are very organized, especially this year. We managed ballot access in more states than all the other third parties, and that takes organization.

2. There is a consistent base of support. All our candidates, except for president, seem to get at least 2% of the vote. It is that level or higher when we field a good candidate. We could likely get voted in in many Congressional districts if we had the funds to run viable campaigns. (unfortunately most of our voters don't give money)

One thing that I know for certain, not many campuses that I have ever heard of have a "Campus Libertarians".  Young recruitment is key to having a solid party aparatus.  The Libertarians don't have that.

http://www.lp.org/organization/campus.php

306 total campus organizations. We are usually in the more major colleges. I would agree though that we should step up college recruitment, which would especially be effective at technical schools(lots of techies and engineers have libertarian attitutes).

I didn't say that there weren't any, but every campus I have been on has a "Campus Greens", and I know of 5 here in western PA that have "Campus Constitutionalist".  No campus (that I have freinds on at least) has a "Campus Libertarians" except Penn State Main.  There isn't even one a Pitt and that is a fair sized university.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 01:50:30 AM »

I know of 5 here in western PA that have "Campus Constitutionalists". No campus (that I have freinds on at least) has a "Campus Libertarians" except Penn State Main.  There isn't even one a Pitt and that is a fair sized university.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Chris- Please don't tell that to my daughter (she is a freshman at Pitt main campus) and a member of the Pitt Libertarians who just hosted a Badnarik visit.

Sorry, I lost sight of this tread.  Hmmmm.  I'll be damned, this must be a fairly new addition.  I was wroong, my mistake.  My general point is still true though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies