Pro Prop 8 forces have tons of money
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:14:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pro Prop 8 forces have tons of money
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pro Prop 8 forces have tons of money  (Read 1036 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »

Thanks to the Mormon church and other wealthy wingnut groups. All of the ads I'm getting on the Forum right now are pro Prop. 8, and I keep hearing pro Prop. 8 ads on the radio. Meanwhile, I haven't seen or heard a single paid anti ad, just signs. The anti forces aren't completely lacking money, but it's clear that they are being massively outspent.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »

I've seen plenty of anti-8 ads lately.  I think the left assumed it would quietly go down to defeat given California's tolerant reputation and underestimated this one (including how many would be fooled by the pro rhetoric about "protecting religious freedom" which was straight out of world-net-daily far right field).

Since the teacher's union came in against it they've brought in a number of heavy hitters - including ads with Senator Feinstien and quotes from Senator Obama opposing it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2008, 07:51:59 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Well, I haven't seen any no ads, although I haven't watched any TV lately. Yes seems to have a pretty huge advantage with Internet and radio ads. Paid ads seem to be overwhelmingly yes. Locally, the no forces have a massive sign advantage, and some paper flier ads, but that's not indicative of the state as a whole.

If both sides had parity in resources, there's no question that this would be going down by at least 5 and likely double digits. As it is, the Mormon church might just buy a change in the Constitution.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »

I've seen one No on 8 ad. That aside, we should organize a massive protest if the bigots win. Angry
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:27:36 PM »

This forum, more than any other time, is dominated by that "Yes On 8" ad. 

It seems completely irrelevant to what page I'm viewing, which is unique for me.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 09:41:39 PM »

This forum, more than any other time, is dominated by that "Yes On 8" ad. 

It seems completely irrelevant to what page I'm viewing, which is unique for me.

Sucks to be you. Tongue I saw it earlier, but I generally don't see it. Even right now in this thread, it's not at the top of the screen.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 10:31:11 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2008, 10:38:09 PM by sbane »

Thanks to the Mormon church and other wealthy wingnut groups. All of the ads I'm getting on the Forum right now are pro Prop. 8, and I keep hearing pro Prop. 8 ads on the radio. Meanwhile, I haven't seen or heard a single paid anti ad, just signs. The anti forces aren't completely lacking money, but it's clear that they are being massively outspent.

I see no on 8 ads a bit but yes on 8 is definitely winning the money race. What really pisses me off is how they advertise on progressive radio, because they know a lot of blacks,latinos and asians will be listening. It's disgusting. BTW just saw an ad highlighting Obama, Arnie and Feinstein's disapproval of 8.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies