IN-PPP: Obama+1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:47:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  IN-PPP: Obama+1
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-PPP: Obama+1  (Read 3026 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2008, 04:23:16 PM »

Obama - 49
McCain - 48

PPP surveyed 2,634 likely voters from October 31st to November 2nd. The survey’s margin of error is +/-1.9%. Other factors, such as refusal to be interviewed and weighting, may introduce additional error that is more difficult to quantify.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_Indiana_1103845.pdf
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 10:36:13 PM »

Is this the last Indiana poll to go out or what...?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 10:38:28 PM »

It seems to be 50/50. We'll see what the returns look like tomorrow, as it may be a good indicator of what will go on the rest of the night.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 10:59:14 PM »

It seems to be 50/50. We'll see what the returns look like tomorrow, as it may be a good indicator of what will go on the rest of the night.

McCain should be preparing his concession speech if Indiana is "too close to call" when polls close.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 11:03:10 PM »

McCain should be preparing his concession speech if Indiana is "too close to call" when polls close.

Not really. South Carolina, Mississippi, Virginia, North Carolina were all too close to call in the last election. If Indiana is too close to call after an hour, then he should start preparing a concession speech.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 11:06:06 PM »

Not really. South Carolina, Mississippi, Virginia, North Carolina were all too close to call in the last election. If Indiana is too close to call after an hour, then he should start preparing a concession speech.

MS was too early to call, IIRC.

I guess I didn't formulate my words correctly.  You took the words right out of my mouth in saying that if it's too close to call after an hour.  An even better indication is if VA is called for Obama within an hour of polls closing there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 11:08:35 PM »

I guess I didn't formulate my words correctly.  You took the words right out of my mouth in saying that if it's too close to call after an hour.  An even better indication is if VA is called for Obama within an hour of polls closing there.

If VA is called within the first hour, it's pretty much over. If Indiana goes to McCain by a larger margin than expected, he might do pretty well. My hope is this: VA and NC both overpolled the Dems by 5% in 2004. VA was Bush +3 polling wise and Bush won by 8. NC was Bush +8 and he won by 13. If that happens again, McCain might have a chance at Virginia and he'll win North Carolina.

We'll see what happens. I'll give McCain a 15% chance tomorrow.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 11:11:17 PM »

If VA is called within the first hour, it's pretty much over. If Indiana goes to McCain by a larger margin than expected, he might do pretty well. My hope is this: VA and NC both overpolled the Dems by 5% in 2004. VA was Bush +3 polling wise and Bush won by 8. NC was Bush +8 and he won by 13. If that happens again, McCain might have a chance at Virginia and he'll win North Carolina.

We'll see what happens. I'll give McCain a 15% chance tomorrow.

McCain would have to win all of: NC, VA, FL, OH, and PA; or NC, VA, FL, OH, and CO to win.  Not happening, Duke.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies