Limbaugh apparently reports of problems at my polling place.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:10:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Limbaugh apparently reports of problems at my polling place.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Limbaugh apparently reports of problems at my polling place.  (Read 2950 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2008, 12:29:19 PM »

My friend just texted me saying that Rush reported some problems at my polling place. Anyone else hear him give specifics?

The only problems are fairly minor - our location was moved across campus (but it's not a big campus) and two of our three machines were down for awhile this morning. Any reports of problems are probably being blown out of proportion.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 12:44:40 PM »

I don't know, but I have a question... does that little cartridge they have have to be in the machine when we vote?  I don't think mine was.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »

I don't know, but I have a question... does that little cartridge they have have to be in the machine when we vote?  I don't think mine was.

You saw the cartridge outside of the machine? How? If you really did, yes, that's definitely a problem.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »

You saw the cartridge outside of the machine? How? If you really did, yes, that's definitely a problem.

No, here in Pittsburgh they carry this little cartridge with them and then... I thought they left it in until you voted.  Maybe its just to activate the machine.  I'm not sure.  But I don't think mine was in.

I have only ever voted by machine once before, but I thought they left it in last time.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 01:50:46 PM »

according to the radio...

The Black Panthers are standing in front of the doors with nightsticks telling people, "The black man is gonna win this race no matter what!"

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »

Now, for live coverage, let's go to Eyewitness News reporter Ashley Todd...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »

How about Asian Reporter Tricia Takanawa for her slant on the election?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 02:33:44 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »

is that what Obama means by "Change"?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 02:49:41 PM »

The race card didn't work out for the Pennsylvania McCain campaign the last time they tried it.
Firefly
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.83

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 02:50:11 PM »

Are you insinuating that those two dillweeds have anything to do with the Obama campaign or that Obama would condone such behavior?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »

While that certainly is a bit unsettling, it's quite hackish of you to connect that with Obama, jmfcst.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 02:56:38 PM »

Are you insinuating that those two dillweeds have anything to do with the Obama campaign or that Obama would condone such behavior?

No, sir.  Are you insinuating that guys dressed in white sheets represent the McCain Campaign?

Who cares if they officially speak for anyone.  Its voter intimidation, and apparently when police are supposedly doing it you will scream to the rafters, but its okay for vigilantes.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 03:02:46 PM »

Who cares if they officially speak for anyone.  Its voter intimidation, and apparently when police are supposedly doing it you will scream to the rafters, but its okay for vigilantes.

Who has said it was "okay"? Hopefully, no one.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »

Who has said it was "okay"? Hopefully, no one.

People are definatly try to make excuses by throwing out counter accusations, red herrings, etc.
Firefly
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 03:08:47 PM »

No, sir.  Are you insinuating that guys dressed in white sheets represent the McCain Campaign?

What the heck are you talking about?  I don't even know where to start here, so I'll just go with a numbered response.

1.  When did I insinuate that the KKK represent the McCain campaign?
2.  I was responding to jmfcst who was quite obviously insinuating that those Black Panthers represent the Obama campaign.
3.  I agree that it's voter intimidation and I find it appalling; hence, why I called them dillweeds.  Other epitaphs came to mind, but I decided not to post them on this forum.
4.  Voter intimidation is wrong whether it's done by police or vigilantes.

Take a deep breath and calm down.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 03:09:47 PM »

While that certainly is a bit unsettling, it's quite hackish of you to connect that with Obama, jmfcst.

silly me, why would I associate Obama with racists...after all, it's not like he was baptized and pastored by a racist for 20 years

my apologies
Firefly
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 03:11:26 PM »

silly me, why would I associate Obama with racists...after all, it's not like he was baptized and pastored by a racist for 20 years

my apologies

Soreloseritus?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »

my apologies

Soreloseritus?

no, IIRC, his Muslim alias was Soetoro, not Soreloseritus
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 03:16:16 PM »

People are definatly try to make excuses by throwing out counter accusations, red herrings, etc.

I draw a big distinction between skepticism about a story being trumpeted on Fox News and actual "making excuses" or accepting it if the facts are established. Certainly no one would say it was ok if there were people guarding a door with weapons and threatening people from coming in. If it were everything Fox news says it is, no, it's no ok. The "if" is the big and justifiable issue here. However, it's pretty much not ok for anyone to be standing there with a nightstick, so I think we can agree on that.

You understand full well the implications people take issue here with and why Fox News' interpretation is not taken at face value.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »

my apologies

It's about time innit? Blacks are going to brutally suppress the white vote obviously. Roll Eyes Tit for tat I guess.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 03:19:12 PM »

Anyway...

Apparently, there were two seperate times when two of the three machines went down at my polling place. My Mom said that about fifty people ended up leaving during the second incident.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »

my apologies

Soreloseritus?

Look, I usually have a lot of respect for you but right now you're being straight-up bitter.

What's gotten into you, man?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »

I draw a big distinction between skepticism about a story being trumpeted on Fox News and actual "making excuses" or accepting it if the facts are established. Certainly no one would say it was ok if there were people guarding a door with weapons and threatening people from coming in. If it were everything Fox news says it is, no, it's no ok. The "if" is the big and justifiable issue here. However, it's pretty much not ok for anyone to be standing there with a nightstick, so I think we can agree on that.

You understand full well the implications people take issue here with and why Fox News' interpretation is not taken at face value.

Oh, I see:  a news event occurs where private citizens have videotaped a crime being committed and police have responded and taken care of the situation...then, sometime later, FoxNews shows up to report about it, and now all the facts of the whole day, even the sunrise, are in dispute.

how convenient

here are the facts:
1) the polling stationed was in the control of Democratic officials
2) black racists from the group Blank Panthers stood outside with weapons and intimidated voters for over an hour
3) private citizens, not the Democratic officials manning the poll station, had to call the police in order to restore order
4) police arrived and scared off the racist brandishing the weapon
5) some Black Panthers were allowed to remain "guarding" the polling station

those are the facts, and they are not disputed
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »

my apologies

Soreloseritus?

Look, I usually have a lot of respect for you but right now you're being straight-up bitter.

What's gotten into you, man?

nothing, I wasn't the one intimidated by Black Panthers outside of a voting booth while the Democrats running the polling station looked the other way for over an hour.

so, I don't know why you associate me speaking the truth with being bitter.  Do you usually find truth to be bitter?  I don't.  I think truth is liberating.

Do you have any idea what's going to happen the rest of this week in America if Obama loses?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies