So why did McCain loose the election ? What do you think ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:52:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  So why did McCain loose the election ? What do you think ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: So why did McCain loose the election ?
Unpopular George Bush

Sliding Economy

Sarah Palin - consolidated GOP base but scared away undecideds

Majority of the population craving for change

Combination of all above factors

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: So why did McCain loose the election ? What do you think ?  (Read 6061 times)
Mr.Jones
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2008, 02:11:15 AM »

Now that the election is over, the Bradley effect is chucked in the rubbish bin and Barrack Obama ( who pals around with domestic terrorists I was told, LMAO ) has become the 44th President of the United States, why do according to you John McCain lost ?

As for me, I think all the above factors combined together to  some extent, but IMHO it is mainly her holyness the Saintly Sarah Palin who "legally" abuses her powers and turns on divisive feelings at her rallies was the main one responsible. We all know beyond a certain percentage point, Dems will vote for a Dem President and the Reps will vote for a Rep President, and in swing states, it is the swing voters that really mattered. What I think ? I think Saintly Sarah has scared the sh**t out of undecided voters through her "divisive" ralllies and the lack of knowledge that she displayed when she failed to name a single Supreme court case other then Roe Vs Wade and also failed to name a single mag/jpurnal that she reads to Katie Couric. With the loss of undecided voters in the swinging states, todays result was perhaps nothing but a formality and the only thing that could have prevented it is the so called Bradley Effect, and that too in gigantic proportion. That didnt work, and therefore I will say, at the end, Sarah Palin's driving off undecided voters when you are already facing an unpopular President and falling economy drove the final nail in McCains coffing.

So what do you think ?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 02:20:15 AM »

All of the above, but the economy most of all. If McCain had opposed the bailout and not pulled the campaign suspension stunt, he would very likely have won.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 02:33:31 AM »

All of the above, but mostly the economy... oh, and, Plouffe and Axelrod  > Davis and Schmidt
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 02:33:48 AM »

Now that the election is over, the Bradley effect is chucked in the rubbish bin and Barrack Obama ( who pals around with domestic terrorists I was told, LMAO ) has become the 44th President of the United States, why do according to you John McCain lost ?

As for me, I think all the above factors combined together to  some extent, but IMHO it is mainly her holyness the Saintly Sarah Palin who "legally" abuses her powers and turns on divisive feelings at her rallies was the main one responsible. We all know beyond a certain percentage point, Dems will vote for a Dem President and the Reps will vote for a Rep President, and in swing states, it is the swing voters that really mattered. What I think ? I think Saintly Sarah has scared the sh**t out of undecided voters through her "divisive" ralllies and the lack of knowledge that she displayed when she failed to name a single Supreme court case other then Roe Vs Wade and also failed to name a single mag/jpurnal that she reads to Katie Couric. With the loss of undecided voters in the swinging states, todays result was perhaps nothing but a formality and the only thing that could have prevented it is the so called Bradley Effect, and that too in gigantic proportion. That didnt work, and therefore I will say, at the end, Sarah Palin's driving off undecided voters when you are already facing an unpopular President and falling economy drove the final nail in McCains coffing.

So what do you think ?

I think you're a completely clueless hack. Firstly Palin was exonerated of any wrong doing on Monday and secondly the exit polls showed that she was a net positive for McCain as opposed to a negative.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 02:40:50 AM »

1.Palin
2. The attacks on obama
3. The melt down
 4. Voting for the bailout
5. In the final days still using gimmicks ( joe the plumber)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 02:41:29 AM »

1.Palin
2. The attacks on obama

3. The melt down

The only real answer.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 02:46:48 AM »

1.Palin
2. The attacks on obama

3. The melt down

The only real answer.

No really had McCain picked a better Vp, he could have used the experience card during that meltdown.   

Palin hurt him by making McCain seem like far right candidate no different from the others.

Remember that last Ad Obama ran about the Vp choice?  I think it was more effective then any Rev Wright ad.

The melt down set the stage I will agree on that part, but its not the full reason Obama won.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 02:47:44 AM »

1.Palin
2. The attacks on obama

3. The melt down

The only real answer.

No really had McCain picked a better Vp, he could have used the experience card during that meltdown.   

Palin hurt him by making McCain seem like far right candidate no different from the others.

Remember that last Ad Obama ran about the Vp choice?  I think it was more effective then any Rev Wright ad.

The melt down set the stage I will agree on that part, but its not the full reason Obama won.

For the 2nd time tonight. The exit polls showed a net positive for McCain on the Palin pick.
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 02:49:36 AM »

1.Palin
2. The attacks on obama

3. The melt down

The only real answer.

For the 2nd time tonight. The exit polls showed a net positive for McCain on the Palin pick.

Yeah, among the base.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 02:49:55 AM »

A whole combination of factors mentioned in the poll, however it was predominately the economic meltdown, which played a significant factor in causing Senator John McCain to lose the 2008 Presidential Election to Senator Barack Obama.

Sure his selection of Governor Palin as his running mate caused potential supporters of McCain's bid in 2008 for the White House to "jump ship" to the Obama campaign, but she is not worthy of being blamed entirely McCain's loss in 2008 due to her selection (this coming from an ardent opponent of the Alaskan Governor).
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 02:58:05 AM »

I think this was predicted in CA back in 1998, with Gray Davis's easy win over .. what's his name ... as a result of a massive electoral shift in CA away from Republicanism engendered by a rejection of all things Pete Wilson. To a great extent, I'd describe CA as having fallen away from the notion of two-party-ism. If the US follows CA's lead, which I think it will, then, the GOP as an institution, and not simply a collection of personalities, is finished.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 03:02:02 AM »

Reverse racism.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 03:03:14 AM »

Opebo, I can't believe you didn't vote in Missouri! McCain is now going to win that damn state by a few hundred votes!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 03:08:35 AM »

Opebo, I can't believe you didn't vote in Missouri! McCain is now going to win that damn state by a few hundred votes!

As much as I feel I deserve them, I don't have a few hundred votes..
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 03:25:43 AM »

MO misses out on the party i guess, but IN was a even better pickup.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 03:30:39 AM »

MO misses out on the party i guess, but IN was a even better pickup.

Definitely!  This could be the first sign of some slow but sure trend towards the Democrats in Indiana.  I don't see Missouri moving anywhere really from its current slight lean GOP.
Mr.Jones
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 03:41:30 AM »

So what do you think ?

I think you're a completely clueless hack. Firstly Palin was exonerated of any wrong doing on Monday and secondly the exit polls showed that she was a net positive for McCain as opposed to a negative.

I think you are a complete dumb hack like most republicans out there at her holyness rallies. Did you even watch one the main reasons why Ohio fell for Obama. It's because The holyness Saintly Sarah scared the independents off. Check out the analysis yourself on CBS news. Blaming everything on the sliding economy is a poor pretext when the undecideds gets scared off by her lack of knowledge. Heck I believe that she even scared the PUMAs back to Obama ! And as far as the exoneration is concerned, the timing clearly suggests it was a last minute political stunt orchestrated by the Reps who did stunts all along the campaign anyway to get the momentum back thinking the majority of Americans are fool.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 03:51:36 AM »

yada yada yada, nothing much new from you, eh?
MR maverick
MR politics
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 04:37:48 AM »

So what do you think ?

I think you are a complete dumb hack like most republicans out there at her holyness rallies. Did you even watch one the main reasons why Ohio fell for Obama. It's because The holyness Saintly Sarah scared the independents off. Check out the analysis yourself on CBS news. Blaming everything on the sliding economy is a poor pretext when the undecideds gets scared off by her lack of knowledge. Heck I believe that she even scared the PUMAs back to Obama ! And as far as the exoneration is concerned, the timing clearly suggests it was a last minute political stunt orchestrated by the Reps who did stunts all along the campaign anyway to get the momentum back thinking the majority of Americans are fool.

They don't want to admit that Palin is pretty much finished as a presidential candidate.

The American people are sick of mindless presidents.  Hey Palin might be a great person to go moose hunting with, but I rather have Biden as a vice president of the united states.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies