Obama now winning California by 25 points while Prop 8 probably passed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:20:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama now winning California by 25 points while Prop 8 probably passed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama now winning California by 25 points while Prop 8 probably passed  (Read 3680 times)
Reluctant Republican

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 06:26:08 PM »

Well, on a day when one barrier was broken, this shows us there still remain some barriers that still need to be overcome. But I hope this won’t last for more then a few years. God, the people like suck sometimes don’t they? Ironically, I used to be for letting the voters decide this stuff, but I’ve become convinced it’s not an issue they need be concerned with. But I’m nothing if not a closet elitist at heart, so take my ramblings with a grain of salt.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 06:36:31 PM »

San Benito County preserves its status as the state's bellwether.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 01:23:09 AM »

Honestly, I don't like Obama's positions on a lot of issues, but I think being anti Prop 8, in favor of repealing DOMA, against a federal amendment, but also anti gay marriage is the best position anyone who wanted to win a Presidential election this year could have had. I don't fault Obama.

Glad to see he's basing his opinions on the polls. This is one area where he should've been in the final week when he was basically assured of winning the election. He obviously has sway over blacks and it was obvious they were going to matter in California. It's a failure of leadership in my opinion.

Well, I was thinking in general, but true, Obama could have done more at the end.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies