Congrats Club for Growth!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:12:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Congrats Club for Growth!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Congrats Club for Growth!  (Read 2266 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 12:51:22 PM »

You forgot Senator-Elects Tom and Mark Udall (Pearce and Schaffer's primary campaigns received a lot of support from Club for Growth).
Schaffer had a primary challenger? Didn't follow that.

Heather Wilson would have lost by a point or three fewer than Pearce.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »

brittain33, GOP talent of a first tier just doesn't grow on trees you know. Pubbie smarts tend to prefer just to get rich.
Grin

In the case of MD-01 I don't know if Harris deserved to lose or not.
Harris was from the uber-partisan Republican bit of the district only added in 2002 to defeat Bob Ehrlich (by removing it from his district - Ehrlich chose to run for Governor instead of going down to likely defeat, if not in 02 then in 04, and if not in 04 than in 06. Dems took over that district as planned). He did badly in the primary on the Eastern Shore, and almost certainly wouldn't have won it if there hadn't been a third come-up-the-middle-in-a-negative-campaign kind of candidate, who was neither a Rino nor an uber-partisan carpetbagger.* Then he got a moderate-ish opponent who was from the Eastern Shore, and the rest is sort of obvious.

*Not actually a carpetbagger of course, but I think you can forgive the Eastern Shore for thinking it owns the First District of Maryland and deserves its own Congressman, wrong as that line of emoting arguably is.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »

Heather Wilson would have lost by a point or three fewer than Pearce.

Yeah, which is why I don't understand people throwing a fit about not nominating her. "But she seemed like a centrist to people!" Ok, awesome. I'm sure getting 40% instead of 39% is a huge victory for the party.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies