The Choice of Rahm Emanuel is a declaration of war on Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:44:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  The Choice of Rahm Emanuel is a declaration of war on Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Choice of Rahm Emanuel is a declaration of war on Republicans  (Read 9926 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« on: November 05, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »

The most partisan member of Congress for Chief of Staff?  This essentially means Rahm is running the US government, and I consider it a declaration of war against the GOP.  Rahm has no core beliefs except the desire to elect Democrats.  His hiring cannot be interpreted as anything other than a clear signal that this administration's sole purpose is to build a bigger Democratic Party.

For any Republicans saying, "I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt", well, guess what, the doubt is removed.  Obama isn't here to make the country better, only to grow the Democratic Party.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:07:35 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2008, 12:23:01 AM by Expel Ted Stevens »

The most partisan member of Congress for Chief of Staff?

If I had $1 for every time I heard a Republican charge that a Democrat was "the most liberal" or "the most partisan" member of Congress I would be a very rich man.

But if you had a dollar for every Democrat I had named most partisan, you'd only have one dollar, wouldn't you?

This essentially means Rahm is running the US government,

So Andy Card was essentially "running the US government"?  Or was Scooter Libby running it from the VP Chief of Staff office?

Andy Card was a weak Chief of Staff.  Rahm won't be.

Most Chiefs of Staff do run the government to a large extent, thought the exact degree depends on the President.  Don Regan had more control than Hamilton Jordan, for example.

and I consider it a declaration of war against the GOP.  Rahm has no core beliefs except the desire to elect Democrats.  His hiring cannot be interpreted as anything other than a clear signal that this administration's sole purpose is to build a bigger Democratic Party.

Hmm ... what do you think ... there will be redistricting?  Or maybe there will be an attempt to do away with the filibuster?  Or maybe judges who Congress has rejected will be appointed during vacation periods.

Boy, it must really stink to have to worry that the other side will do to you exactly what you did to them.

I think your comment is basically an admission that Supersoulty is right.  The Rahm pick is the first step in a plan to exact revenge out of pure bitterness.

For any Republicans saying, "I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt", well, guess what, the doubt is removed.  Obama isn't here to make the country better, only to grow the Democratic Party.

LOL ... you're basing this outlandish statement on who he picked as CoS???  48 hours after the election and you're already condemning him.

You clearly don't get how important the Chief of Staff is.  With the exception of GW Bush's administration and the first half of the Carter administration, the Chief of Staff is basically co-President.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies