Ralph Nader is still a vile, disgusting, worthless piece of human trash
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:37:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Ralph Nader is still a vile, disgusting, worthless piece of human trash
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ralph Nader is still a vile, disgusting, worthless piece of human trash  (Read 2278 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2008, 10:16:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibsP6XN2dIo

Figures old Ralph is another racist.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 10:20:50 PM »

And guess what - NOBODY CARES. That's right. NOBODY F**KING CARES, BRTD. Except for you. You know why? Because he's irrelevant. So how about you move on like everyone else and stop wasting valuable kilobytes that could be used to store more important topics?
Workers' Friend
Bob Dole
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: 9.48

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 10:21:15 PM »

Funny thing, my math teacher said he'd vote for Nader if he was on the ballot. But that was due to the bailout.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 10:21:33 PM »

Checking out the context of the quote, I don't think he meant it to be a racist comment.

Not saying he isn't a vile, disgusting, worthless piece of human trash.  That, we agree on.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 10:29:29 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2008, 10:42:10 PM by TheresNoMoney »

And he'll probably run for president for a 4th time in 2012.  He's a joke that only runs to hurt the Democratic candidate.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »

Ralph Nader is a true liberal. It's a shame he gets continously smeared by people who call themselves liberals.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 10:42:43 PM »

Ralph Nader is a true liberal. It's a shame he gets continously smeared by people who call themselves liberals.

If he was a true "liberal" he'd become a Democrat and try to change the party from within instead of running to be a spoiler.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 10:52:47 PM »

And guess what - NOBODY CARES. That's right. NOBODY F**KING CARES, BRTD. Except for you. You know why? Because he's irrelevant. So how about you move on like everyone else and stop wasting valuable kilobytes that could be used to store more important topics?

Nader is more relevant to the election than probably 50% of the stuff talked about on the forum and I'm sort of glad I saw the YouTube video (as glad as I am about any piece of election gossip, I suppose).
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 10:55:19 PM »

If he was a true "liberal" he'd become a Democrat and try to change the party from within instead of running to be a spoiler.

The Democratic Party does not have an exclusive domain over liberal principles.
nyquil_man
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -2.61

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 11:02:25 PM »

It's a bad choice of words. Racist? I'm not so sure.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 11:08:04 PM »

he did, for decades.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 12:13:32 AM »

And he'll probably run for president for a 4th 5th time in 2012.  He's a joke that only runs to hurt the Democratic candidate.

He ran in 1996 too.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 12:30:54 AM »

He's an attention whore. Like the class clown from middle school, he'll say and do anything to get you to notice him.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 02:49:04 AM »

And he'll probably run for president for a 4th time in 2012.  He's a joke that only runs to hurt the Democratic candidate.

Actually he ran in 1996.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 02:53:30 AM »

He's been a horrible person since he got the Corvair killed, but as Dibble said, who the hell cares?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 05:27:03 AM »

He's a provocateur, not a racist. Having said that, I wish he'd stop running for president. If it wasn't for him we would have had Al Gore as president - probably during the last 8 years.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 05:34:45 AM »

Nader knows what he's doing.  He's a drama-queen but he also knows that he forces the Democrats to the left, which is his goal.  He likely thinks a centrist Democrat (like Gore '00?) is no different from the Republicans, so  he enjoys his role as a platform-shifter. 

If neither party had to worry about going too far to the center such that the base would disaffect, both Obama and McCain would be super dupe crazy moderate last Monday.  The fact is, McCain would be torn apart for choosing a pro-choice VP and Obama got attacked from the left for supporting the FISA bill.

Nader has his role, he decided that he'd be the guy who forces national Democrats to stop ignoring [as much] the liberal part of their base in favor of the more decisive moderate voters... he wants to keep them on the left completely.

oh and I hate him too (post-actual consumer rights success)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 08:19:44 AM »

This is VERY IMPORTANT.

Nader increased his popular vote total by about 42% on 2004 !!! Shocked!1111haxor111dfhnfj1!!!!!

At this rate of growth he could win election by 2056 !!!!!!!!!! Cry!!!!!!!!!!!

I sincerely hope BRTD keeps us updated on Mr Nader for the next 4 years.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 01:04:38 PM »

Checking out the context of the quote, I don't think he meant it to be a racist comment.

Not saying he isn't a vile, disgusting, worthless piece of human trash.  That, we agree on.

Give him credit for pushing for seat belts and a standardized gearshift pattern on automobiles.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 01:13:41 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2008, 01:19:00 PM by Happy_Weasel »

Who gets Nader, anyway?  What is he now, 74? God...he will probably run until 2016 or 2020. God Damn modern medicine. Tongue
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 01:16:59 PM »

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How is democrat synonymous with "true liberal"? Most of the party is socially conservative, abortion not withstanding. Nader brought up very good points about Obama's future reluctance of challenging the military industrial complex, an appeasement form of health care, instead of true reform, but it was overshadowed by his "uncle tom" insult, which in this context isn't actually racist.

Democrats are becoming even more pathetic, still relying on the notion that Nader is a spoiler, instead of recognizing the obvious fault of pushing Gore to the forefront. Gore lost because Gore ran a shít campaign, and democrats should wise up and realize Nader could very well be an asset, instead of framing him as a liability. It's obvious the democrats are another corporate party. The fault lies with them, and not actual liberals like Nader. It's always about attacking the messenger, when you can't refute the message.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 01:20:59 PM »

Give him credit for pushing for seat belts and a standardized gearshift pattern on automobiles.
Please.  We would have gotten seatbelts with or with out this whiney douchebag.  cite
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies