Register! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:11:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Register! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Register!  (Read 47940 times)
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« on: March 07, 2004, 09:52:02 AM »

I hear that 18 posts are necessary to register, which I have at present. Are there any further qualifications or constrictions?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 10:58:24 AM »

If I am free to register, then I register as an independent, at least for now. I am torn between the Progressive and Democratic parties, and will choose between the two soon. (Sorry, Republicans!)
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 06:08:43 PM »

I declare my affiliation with the Progressive Party.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 06:35:45 PM »

As the party chairman I would like to welcome you and to give you the member card #7
Thank you, Mr Chairman.

I know of five members besides me: yourself, Mr Bell, Mr Trondheim, Al and ilikeverin. Whom would the sixth member be, if I am the seventh?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 11:19:15 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2004, 11:19:54 AM by Emsworth »

No, not yet, I suppose it would be Progressive, but I need to learn more about their positions on issues before I can agree to them. They'll likely be my choice though.
We've officially held one Convention so far, and are in the process of holding the second one. Here are some links:

-Policy adpoted at 1st Convention
-Party Constitution
-Party Forums

The Convnention is being held in private, and more policy is being discussed there. To access it, one must become a member of the party - to do so, notify either "dunn" (Party Chairman) or "Peter Bell" (Party Secretary) at the Forums or on this board.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 01:05:49 PM »

Welcome our friens ftom Canada. Gus (a very respected forum member) is trying to spook you. We are social-democrat and by americans term liberals but we are not leftwing nuts. check our links.
Siege40 has indicated a desire to register as a Progressive - please see the Forum, and change his status to Progressive.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 01:21:55 PM »

Siege40, the Chairman has declared you a member of the Party, and you may now participate in the Second Convention.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 01:48:48 PM »

And if you came to the Forum sooner....and read my earlier posts....you would know that I have NOTHING against the Progressive movement...they are the number one third party at the forum....
In fact, we are the only third party.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 02:31:56 PM »

The progressive are beginning to sound like a sect, aliens or the Ringwraiths. 'Join us, join us....'
Are the Democrats currently doing any better?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 08:25:51 PM »

Eighteen posts are the requirement.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 11:54:59 AM »

Welcome to the Progressive Party, Shapeshifter! No-one is running from our party in the Northeast region.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 11:59:11 AM »
« Edited: April 04, 2004, 12:01:04 PM by Emsworth »

Welcome to the Progressive Party, Shapeshifter! No-one is running from our party in the Northeast region.
We have a deal not to run anyone except the two that are running. It's too late for that anyhow, the deadline was yesterday, You can run for governor though
But is that part of the deal?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 12:04:48 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2004, 12:05:34 PM by Emsworth »

We have a deal not to run anyone except the two that are running. It's too late for that anyhow, the deadline was yesterday, You can run for governor though
But is that deal valid, really? The Democrats may not have kept their part of the bargain.

It seems that the other issue does exist: the filing deadline has already passed.
I belive they will. And If not....
The filing deadline aside, I'm not sure if our new member is precluded from running under the deal. See here. Now, the proposed sets of conditions included:

---
- No Progressive candidate for President
- No Democratic candidate for a Senate seat or Senate seats
- A non-binding expectation for Progressives to vote for the Democratic Presidential candidate, and similarly for the Democrats to vote for the Progressive candidate in the Senate district or districts. (This is non-binding because neither Party should force its voters to vote in a certain manner.)

(Emsworth)
----

1. Preference swapping in all Federal elections.
2. Support of Progressive candidate in one region or district, with no Democrat running-in return for no Progressives running in the three closest senate regions or districts
3. Sepearte parties-it is a bit confusinf to have the Progressive Democrats or Democratic Progressives...

(Hughento)

---

Neither of these precludes ShapeShifter from running. Of course, he would still have a Democratic opponent.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

ShapeShifter said in the candidacy-declaration thread, "I declare my candidacy for the Senate." Others assumed that it was for the district seat, but it could have been for the regional seat. Therefore, there should be no filing deadline issue.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 11:50:47 AM »

Legitimate meaning legal, lawful, valid,  justifiable.  Do you need any other words defined.  

I know what Legitimate means, you said "legitament".
I think that you might have also known that the Apostle made a typographical error.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 03:48:40 PM »

dunn, my access was removed, you guys decide against letting me view it?
so far it's 1-1, I will let you in again if there is a majority

Emsworth? Sad
I merely oppose designating a person as "Progressive" when that person is not a Progressive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies