Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2014, 09:30:24 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  NBC/WSJ poll: Romney 33% Huckabee 20% Palin 18%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: NBC/WSJ poll: Romney 33% Huckabee 20% Palin 18%  (Read 4450 times)
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2008, 11:15:55 pm »

From Firstread:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/11/05/1646644.aspx

NBC-WSJ GOP pollster Neil Newhouse did a post-election survey last night, and here's what he found: Just 12% of those surveyed believed Palin should be the GOP's new leader; instead 29% of voters said Romney, followed by 20% who say Huckabee. Among GOPers, it was Romney 33%, Huckabee 20% and Palin 18%. Look for more from this survey later today.

Unclear exactly how the question is worded.  I guess the way this blog post phrases it, it might have imply asked who Republicans want as their "new leader" rather than who they want as their 2012 presidential nominee, but it's a fairly similar question.  I guess we'll figure it out once the full poll comes out.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:17:40 pm »
Ignore

NOTA - Keystone Phil

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 11:20:23 pm »
Ignore

I support Romney right now, there's a decent chance the economy will still be in the tank up to four years form now, he could be our response. Even if it weren't he's a classy and clever guy.

We have a new Labour leader!
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 11:32:26 pm »
Ignore

I support Romney right now

Listen, I'm all about hoping the country sees better days but I won't be supporting Obama in his re-election bid. I'm sad to see that you're already on board.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Reaganfan
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:32:37 pm »
Ignore

I support Romney right now, there's a decent chance the economy will still be in the tank up to four years form now, he could be our response. Even if it weren't he's a classy and clever guy.

If the economy is the #1 issue...I could see myself strongly supporting Romney...but it's still early.
Christ will return in 7-10 years.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:38:27 pm »
Ignore

I bet Romney takes it. The GOP has thing for people who lost primaries in the past, unlike us Democrats.

As expected the wop won.

Eraserhead's Original Update: Open For Business 24/7
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 11:43:43 pm »
Ignore

I bet Romney takes it. The GOP has thing for people who lost primaries in the past, unlike us Democrats.

Who tend to adore General election losers.

We have a new Labour leader!
ChrisFromNJ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 11:55:30 pm »
Ignore

It's amazing how quickly Sarah Palin's stock has fallen.
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 12:36:20 am »
Ignore

33% is probably Romney's ceiling, lol.  it's all could could muster this time around despite having a monopoly on the money.

there's no ghosts in the graveyard, that's not where they live
they live in between a, 'what is' and 'what if?'
Rococo4
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 12:38:29 am »
Ignore

If the economy is the #1 issue...I could see myself strongly supporting Romney...but it's still early.

its still early?  you think?
Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 12:43:31 am »
Ignore

Rudy '12
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 12:58:16 am »
Ignore

I strongly suspect that there's not enough room in the primary for both Huckabee and Palin.  I don't think Huckabee wants it anymore anyway.

this is real
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 01:13:14 am »
Ignore

It won't be any of those three....at least it better not.  Actually, it probably won't matter who the sacrificial lamb is.  Unless Obama totally funks up (which is possible), he'll win again in '12.

Reds4
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 01:24:15 am »
Ignore

Lots of chatter about Bobby Jindal, and I would certainly support him. He's a very bright guy who is extremely articulate. Way too early though.. goodness... we've got plenty of time to worry about this!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
YaBB God
Latvia

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -9.13

P P
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 01:25:46 am »
Ignore

It won't be any of those three....at least it better not.  Actually, it probably won't matter who the sacrificial lamb is.  Unless Obama totally funks up (which is possible), he'll win again in '12.

I doubt Obama wins reelection, or even renomination. His Keynesianism won't cure the economic crisis, and his commitment to Georgia and Afghanistan will likely get us into another unpopular foreign conflict. That doesn't make for a good reelection campaign.

I would support Bobby Jindal for president.

House endorsements: Loudermilk (GA-11), Blum (IA-1), Dietzel (LA-6), Poliquin (ME-2), Emmer (MN-6), Mills (MN-8), Brat (VA-7), Didier (WA-4), Mooney (WV-2)
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 01:32:00 am »
Ignore

I doubt Obama wins reelection, or even renomination. His Keynesianism won't cure the economic crisis, and his commitment to Georgia and Afghanistan will likely get us into another unpopular foreign conflict. That doesn't make for a good reelection campaign.

I would support Bobby Jindal for president.

What?
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 01:35:20 am »
Ignore

That's what I was thinking.  I can imagine many scenarios where Obama loses the Presidency in '12, but very few where he fails to get the nomination from his Party.  He'd need to be much worse than Bush and I don't think Obama has that in him.

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
YaBB God
Latvia

Political Matrix

P P
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 10:33:13 am »
Ignore

That's what I was thinking.  I can imagine many scenarios where Obama loses the Presidency in '12, but very few where he fails to get the nomination from his Party.  He'd need to be much worse than Bush and I don't think Obama has that in him.

Don't forget that there is still a primary opponent of his that came very close to winning and is still bitter about her loss.

House endorsements: Loudermilk (GA-11), Blum (IA-1), Dietzel (LA-6), Poliquin (ME-2), Emmer (MN-6), Mills (MN-8), Brat (VA-7), Didier (WA-4), Mooney (WV-2)
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 12:37:22 pm »
Ignore

Even "the evil one" isn't evil enough to try and pull that stunt.  Unless Obama totally screws the pooch, but I think he is smarter than that.  (barring any off the wall scenarios)

Daniel Adams
YaBB God
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 03:57:53 pm »
Ignore

Palin 2012!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 04:07:49 pm »
Ignore

33% is probably Romney's ceiling, lol.  it's all could could muster this time around despite having a monopoly on the money.

Good call.  Huckabee and Palin's supporters are pretty much one in the same, I suspect.  Let's see who else enters.  Jindal?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 04:43:31 pm »
Ignore

And Republicans don't?
With the way this is going, how long until the "2012 Primary election polls" subforum is opened Smiley

J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 05:28:27 pm »
Ignore

I have trust problems with Romney, nearly of the magnitude I have with Obama.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Christ will return in 7-10 years.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 05:35:04 pm »
Ignore

True, but not this time, fellow.

As expected the wop won.

Eraserhead's Original Update: Open For Business 24/7
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
YaBB God
Latvia

Political Matrix

P P
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 07:23:28 pm »
Ignore

Even "the evil one" isn't evil enough to try and pull that stunt.  Unless Obama totally screws the pooch, but I think he is smarter than that.  (barring any off the wall scenarios)

I wouldn't underestimate her. it would be the first time a relative of a former president ran against the incumbent in the primary. And also, in the early states, if Hillary could convince most of John Edwards supporters to back her, she would win Iowa and New Hampshire and come close in South Carolina. That could give her enough momentum to be a serious threat for the nomination.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout