Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 04:29:13 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Bobby jindals of to Iowa this weekend. what an opportunist.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bobby jindals of to Iowa this weekend. what an opportunist.  (Read 3089 times)
AngelFromKansas

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:31:11 am »
Ignore

welcome to politics brutal. not even anytime to lick your scares and reflect.
BlueSwan
blueswan
YaBB God
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:05:49 am »
Ignore

Holy sh*t, really? That's early.
phk
phknrocket1k
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:45:42 am »
Ignore

Welcome to the era of the non-stop campaign.  If the politically-oriented like myself are sick of it, just imagine how the voters feel.

This might be for '16 even.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 07:47:24 am by phknrocket1k »Logged

Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 09:13:30 pm »

If the politically-oriented like myself are sick of it, just imagine how the voters feel.

In all likelihood, the vast majority of voters have no idea that Jindal is going to Iowa, and in fact, most probably don't even know who Jindal is.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
nick
nickshepDEM
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 09:15:19 pm »
Ignore

He'll wait till 2016 if he's serious...

Tongue
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 01:06:57 am »
Ignore

Tongue

Obama will wait 'til 2012 if he's serious [/2004]

in a mirror, dimly lit
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 01:28:25 am »
Ignore

Fast forward to November 2012: JINDAL DEFEATS OBAMA

In reference to the infamous 1948 gaffe by the Chicago Tribune. If the Republicans nominate Governor Jindal in 2012, he'll get slaughtered, no matter who badly Obama performs during his first term as President of the United States. Governor Jindal is simply unelectable on a national level and needs more time to mature as a political force.

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 02:02:09 am »
Ignore

this is real
Wall St. Wiz
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 07:18:37 am »
Ignore

Fast forward to November 2012: JINDAL DEFEATS OBAMA

In reference to the infamous 1948 gaffe by the Chicago Tribune. If the Republicans nominate Governor Jindal in 2012, he'll get slaughtered, no matter who badly Obama performs during his first term as President of the United States. Governor Jindal is simply unelectable on a national level and needs more time to mature as a political force.

LOL.  A Chicago street thug with no experience who associates with Marxists, radicals, and America haters just got elected.  The bar has now been set so low by Obama that anyone can now be elected president. If you give a bum sitting on a street corner a haircut and shave he can run for president, thanks to Obama.

For the sake of the country, I hope that President Obama fails.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 07:21:57 am »
Ignore

LOL.  A Chicago street thug with no experience who associates with Marxists, radicals, and America haters just got elected.  The bar has now been set so low by Obama that anyone can now be elected president. If you give a bum sitting on a street corner a haircut and shave he can run for president, thanks to Obama.

You're not helping.

phk
phknrocket1k
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 08:00:13 am »
Ignore

You're not helping.

I Can't Believe It's Not Murder!
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 11:28:53 am »
Ignore

You're not helping.

Effective policing requires to know when backing down is in the best interest of public safety.  By all accounts, the culture of the Ferguson Police was ignorant of that fact, and instead treated Cartman of South Park as a role model for how to be a police officer.
panda_priest
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 01:32:06 pm »
Ignore

This election was wide open so I understand why it started so early, but there's no reason the next can't start by the end of 2011 like previous primaries.

If republicans want a chance to win in '12, they need to nominate Jindal. But if he loses, they need to give him another shot in 2016 against a non-incumbent.

"Even after he had been on the public stage for almost two years, this "who-is-Barack-Obama?" campaign. "You" know, like he's this black guy riding around in a old chevy in a white neighborhood at midnight." -  Bill Maher

"I warned him." - Jack Nicholson
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 01:36:13 pm »
Ignore

Governor Jindal is simply unelectable on a national level and needs more time to mature as a political force.

Just like how we thought the same about that Junior Senator guy from Illinois...

Never any doubt.
phk
phknrocket1k
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 01:44:39 pm »
Ignore

Governor Jindal is simply unelectable on a national level and needs more time to mature as a political force.

Just like how we thought the same about that Junior Senator guy from Illinois...

AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 08:19:16 pm »
Ignore

From what I've heard he's getting his name out but he's running for VP.  Gotta be veep in 2012 before he can aspire for 2016.

Economic score: -3.35
Social score: +3.83

Quote from: metropolitan from Wonkette
alan keyes, mike gravel, cynthia mckinney, ralph nader... such a mess.
maybe it would be better if we just had two big political parties that represent wide swaths of ideology run against each other instead of all these warring parties. if we only had to deal with two parties a winner would have already come out ahead and had a chance to stabilize the financial markets and to prepare to deal with iraq.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 02:44:09 pm »
Ignore

"Mrs. Bobby Jindal"?

I thought that terminology went out of style 50 years ago.

The bolded part is racist. I don't like throwing that word around, but please...

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 03:14:45 pm »
Ignore

"Mrs. Bobby Jindal"?

I always use "Mr. and Mrs. [husband's name]" when addressing a couple.  Actually, I don't recall ever seeing it any other way.
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 04:07:39 pm »
Ignore

Tongue

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 12:49:34 pm »
Ignore

"Mrs. Bobby Jindal"?

I always use "Mr. and Mrs. [husband's name]" when addressing a couple.  Actually, I don't recall ever seeing it any other way.

Generally, the preferred usage is Mr. and Mrs. [last name], AFAIK. I know, it's more ambiguous.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout