Oh, for crying out loud! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:37:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Oh, for crying out loud! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oh, for crying out loud!  (Read 4578 times)
anti_leftist
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -3.65

« on: November 06, 2008, 05:50:58 PM »
« edited: November 06, 2008, 05:53:48 PM by anti_leftist »

Not really that big a deal. Just another way to try preserving the personality cult (whatever your political persuasion, let's call a spade a spade). Personally, I'd give the Over/Under until Obama is completely intoxicated by power at about 30-60 days after Inauguration and another 6 months from then until we start seeing some his hardcore supporters (the ones bordering on cult membership) become completely disillusioned, once the tremendous discrepancy between his monumental campaign rhetoric and actual accomplishments in office becomes apparent. It's so funny reading everyone's facebook statuses and realizing how big of a letdown they're eventually in for. Regardless of good a President Obama actually is, there's no way he can meet these expectations.

It's obviously moot now, but I really thought McCain should've tried emphasizing more that the Democrats were going to control Congress by wide margins anyway and therefore the election of Obama would basically give him (a man with no executive experience) complete control over the US goverment. I'm sure even some centrists preferring Obama on the issues would've thought twice and maybe reconsidered McCain as a good check.
anti_leftist
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 05:59:42 PM »

LOL

This guy's going to be easy to pick on. Will he keep campaigning now that he's won the Presidency? He's never stayed in a position very long. He might go run for the Presidency of the EU before he's inaugurated here.

He is an EU outsider who can bring much needed change and new ideas to Brussels. Sounds like he's perfectly qualified to me.
anti_leftist
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 06:02:09 PM »

LOL

This guy's going to be easy to pick on. Will he keep campaigning now that he's won the Presidency? He's never stayed in a position very long. He might go run for the Presidency of the EU before he's inaugurated here.

He is an EU outsider who can bring much needed change and new ideas to Brussels. Sounds like he's perfectly qualified to me.

He'd probably get 90% of the vote.

Nah. Europeans love the idea of America electing a minority President, but they themselves would probably never do it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies