Michigan 2010
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:48:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Michigan 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Michigan 2010  (Read 16157 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2009, 06:43:26 PM »

I agree. Lynn-Land is much less controversial than Cox. I might even vote for her! (Depending on the quality of the Democratic candidate and how she preforms throughout the campaign.

And it's people like you that are the reason I think she'll win.  She won with over 56% of the vote in 2006.  And that was a BAD Republican year.  I think she could win pretty easily, especially now that Archer is not running.

What did Cox do that is so controversial?

Had an affair, but confessed b/c he was being blackmailed by Jeoffrey Feiger (allegedly).  And he was somewhat involved in getting rid of Kwame Kilpatrick, so he really loses any chance of black votes by doing that.

How did he get elected Atty Gen with that record?

The Kwame thing just happened.  The affair happened years ago and he admitted it when he was being blackmailed, so he really looked like the victim - that and his wife supported him and they went through counseling - Feiger came out of that looking like a puppy killer.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2009, 08:57:55 PM »

I know when the Kwame thing happened. My question was about just the affair. If he was able to win election as atty gen I don't see why it would be a problem for him running for Governor, especially if it was that long ago.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2009, 09:20:06 PM »

Well, you're not gonna get anywhere with a the Dutch man.

The only two Republicans I can see winning now are Miller and Lynn-Land. Cox might make it close but I doubt he could get above 48%.

I really don't want Cherry to win, I just want a clean start with anyone not too Granholm-tainted. (Though I heard that lawmakers actually love Cherry in comparison with Granholm. Maybe because he used to be one of them?)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2009, 02:38:36 AM »

Well, you're not gonna get anywhere with a the Dutch man.

The only two Republicans I can see winning now are Miller and Lynn-Land. Cox might make it close but I doubt he could get above 48%.

I really don't want Cherry to win, I just want a clean start with anyone not too Granholm-tainted. (Though I heard that lawmakers actually love Cherry in comparison with Granholm. Maybe because he used to be one of them?)

Miller won't win.  She's pissed off too many Republicans, and she's not a big enough name to win Dems.  Lynn Land is the only one who can do it, in my opinion.

People love Cherry - he's one of the friendliest politicians in the state.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »

Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson (R), a social moderat (pro-choice, pro-gay stuff - i'm not sure if he supports marriage or civil unions or what, so I used the word "stuff") threw his hat in the ring.  I may have to reconsider supporting Terri Lynn Land now - even though Patterson is a social moderate, I love him fiscally.

I'm really undecided now.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2009, 02:59:13 PM »

Well, Patterson is a no go for me. Pretty much the opposite of what I believe (bar a few issues). Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel also formed a exploratory comm. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2009, 04:37:36 PM »

Well, Patterson is a no go for me. Pretty much the opposite of what I believe (bar a few issues). Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel also formed a exploratory comm. 

I never noticed your PM score is so socially conservative.

Oh, and I believe John Cherry (Lt. Gov) announced today or yesterday as well, but tha wasn't a surprise.

Patterson was, but he won't win.  He can't win the primary b/c of his social standings, and he's to obnoxious (but I like that) to win the general.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2009, 05:06:32 PM »

Romney will be too busy running for President to run for Governor.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2009, 06:36:39 PM »

Romney will be too busy running for President to run for Governor.

That, and he doesn't live here.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2009, 08:57:55 PM »

With less than a year till the election, I think Republicans have a great chance of picking this seat up, if our candidate runs their entire campaign on the failure of a Governor called Granholm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies