The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:32:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 21579 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2008, 03:16:20 PM »

Ah, thank you so much!  I was fearing my bill to this might fail in the senate that did not appreciate KoTBP's greatest.  Even if we move the capital, we certainly could leave the statue there is a rememberance of his governorship.

Or you can donate it to the Mideast. It would be greatly appreciated.....after all....our police force does need target practice every now and then....
How dare you disrespect our fallen hero like that!!!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2008, 02:41:54 AM »

There's a good chance a storm will knock out my power tomorrow. I hope it doesn't, but if I'm gone for a while you'll know why. Just thought I would mention that.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2008, 02:43:15 AM »

The same applies to me. Continuity of government ZOMG?!!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2008, 03:11:00 AM »

Earl!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2008, 03:35:26 AM »

And this, kids, is why you never elect a President and Vice President who live near each other.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2008, 02:38:54 AM »
« Edited: December 22, 2008, 02:51:59 AM by bgwah »

Unfortunately, convincing evidence has been provided that Xahar has indeed been involved with the hacking of Ben's account. I've had the evidence confirmed by a moderator and the issue has been brought up in the moderator's forum.

I'm hereby removing Xahar as Attorney General effective immediately. I apologize for my lapse in judgment when I appointed him to the office. I thought giving him a chance was the right thing to do at the time, but I should have known better.

Prospective Attorney Generals may PM me. Xahar should be prosecuted, though Dave and the moderators might "get to him first" if you get my drift.

I would also like to invite the person who brought this evidence to my attention to post the relevant material, and the moderator to publicly confirm it.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2008, 02:43:34 AM »
« Edited: December 22, 2008, 04:37:34 AM by Alcon »

I've been presented the evidence, and it is resoundingly clear that Xahar was either involved in, or an accomplice to, hacking Ben's account.  He's also guilty of using really lame fake-edgy talk on an Internet message board.

Over in the real world, we're investigating this and taking it seriously.  Any public fights or freak-outs will be totally ignored.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2008, 02:59:16 AM »

I apologize for my lapse in judgment when I appointed him to the office.

You don't have to apologize. You weren't the only one to be fooled.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2008, 04:14:27 AM »

I still don't get it. What would anybody want to do that for?

Heh. Silly children. Something of a sad loss for the Forum if it results in his banning, but whatever.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2008, 11:07:43 AM »

Here are the first three messages I received from "ben".:

Now that we've got you both in, can we get that bastard? God, I hate him.

Also, can you remind me what the plan is to bring him down?

I think that DWTL said we planned on doing it a few days from now. I believe the plan is to inform Sam Spade, and then have him reveal to everybody the proof that he hacked your account. Don't say anything yet, or it will ruin the plan. If it goes well, he will not only be exposed, he will be humiliated

Can you run the proof by me again?

Since the election is over and Sam Spade is respected by the Atlasian community, it will have more effect when he reveals it to everyone in a few days.

I know, I know. But vcan you just give me the plan again? I think I found a flaw in it, but I don't rmember what.

When I received the third one, I realized that someone had hacked his account. I sent a reply to that manner, though I didn't save it in my outbox. A few minutes later, I received this:

I have stuff. Don't push this, and you won't have to find out what.

And then this:

Oh, and Ben's PMs weren't me, and I won't tell you who they were.

He then tried to tell me he was just kidding, and when I asked "What PMs?", he said "Nevermind", although I didn't save those messages either. The five messages you see, however, were saved and viewed by Alcon. Thanks to Alcon and Bgwah for investigating this matter.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »

^Regardless of all that was Xahar or not, I'm happy that I ended up voting against his confirmation.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2008, 12:11:12 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a lot bigger of a deal outside of Fantasy election than inside it?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2008, 12:14:51 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a lot bigger of a deal outside of Fantasy election than inside it?
Well, it's grounds for banning, but it's also a cause for a lifetime ban in participation in Atlasian Fantasy politics.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2008, 12:18:11 PM »

Well, it's grounds for banning, but it's also a cause for a lifetime ban in participation in Atlasian Fantasy politics.

the former makes the latter unnecessary should it occur
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »

the former makes the latter unnecessary should it occur
Yes... This forum is quite tolerant to rule breakers, but this seems to be too much.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2008, 12:29:55 PM »

Heh. Silly children. Something of a sad loss for the Forum if it results in his banning, but whatever.

^^^
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2008, 12:30:31 PM »

Needless to say, I am pleased something was finally done. We've known this has been occurring for quite sometime, which is why I was so adamant about urging the senators to vote against his confirmation. I did not want to say anything because, frankly, we had people who would believe the kid's word over just about anything. I knew that eventually we would need to reappoint someone, so it made no sense to me why people would still want to confirm him.

That being said, I never had anything against Mr. Xahar, but his arrogance and impression that he was above the law was disgusting. It was painfully obvious that this has gone on for a couple of months, and yet no action was taken because he was smart enough to do it so it could not be traced. I'm glad that justice seems to have finally occurred, and we can move on and hopefully secure Mr. Constine's accounts over various forums that have been hacked by Mr. Xahar and others.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »

That argument could be made for just about anyone. He was confirmed as AG because "he posts a lot." Well, other trolls post a lot too. Hacking is a serious offense, and I do hope this matter is taken seriously.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2008, 12:35:58 PM »

Could ben just switch his password so it's not MarkWarner2012 or whatever it is?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2008, 12:39:03 PM »

Could ben just switch his password so it's not MarkWarner2012 or whatever it is?
That made me actually try that. It's not MarkWarner2012.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »

Ben had take measures to switch his password back in October, but Xahar and his followers continued to hack into the account. I cannot provide details, but I can say that he was not the only one accessing Ben's account. He was the ring leader. There is some other way they are getting into it, and I am not a hacker, so I can't say what's going on.

We tried all we could to help Ben secure the account, but Xahar was always a step ahead of him and our party's efforts to help Ben out. I really felt bad for him. I'm not a computer expert so I really didn't know what else to do.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2008, 01:05:24 PM »

I'm not surprised by this turn of events, really.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2008, 01:06:46 PM »

My god, you folks love to overreact. To everything. That's all I'll say now.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2008, 02:01:38 PM by GMantis »

Won't you apologise? If not to Benconstine, at the very least to our party?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »

Ben had take measures to switch his password back in October, but Xahar and his followers continued to hack into the account. I cannot provide details, but I can say that he was not the only one accessing Ben's account. He was the ring leader. There is some other way they are getting into it, and I am not a hacker, so I can't say what's going on.

We tried all we could to help Ben secure the account, but Xahar was always a step ahead of him and our party's efforts to help Ben out. I really felt bad for him. I'm not a computer expert so I really didn't know what else to do.

I did not hack. I am clean. Don't associate me with Xahar. I'll be angry if somebody do that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies