2009 State and Federal elections in Germany (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:00:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2009 State and Federal elections in Germany (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2009 State and Federal elections in Germany  (Read 219010 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: August 14, 2009, 07:54:29 AM »

I'm more interested in getting the members of the NPD to leave the country. And in contrast to them I'm not particularly choosy regarding their destination. The most important thing is that they're somewhere else. So, any suggestions?

South-America??

Ok, it was easy...

The best is that you treat your problems.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 09:54:02 AM »

Turnout tends to be higher in countries not polluted by Murdoch trash Tongue

Would be valid for France. Well, big elections.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 11:42:53 AM »

Are the Austrians very attentive to German elections generally speaking, I mean the average people, the average media, just a bit more than for other countries, or not more than for other countries?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 11:52:43 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2009, 11:55:40 AM by Benwah »

Are the Austrians very attentive to German elections generally speaking, I mean the average people, the average media, just a bit more than for other countries, or not more than for other countries?

No, it's just me ...

The average Austrian doesn`t care about German state elections ... Wink

(Austrian media mostly focuses only on important elections in big countries for example the US, Germany, Japan, France, UK etc.) and it`s different from newspaper to newspaper. You cannot expect to find useful in-depth articles and backgrounds in a tabloid like the Kronen Zeitung, which has pictures of Republicans portraying Obama as a Nazi and below the sentence: "Obama currently has a very tough time". And a few more lines. You would have to read the left-leaning newspaper "DerStandard" (which I do) or "Die Presse" to get serious background information, even for not so important elections, like in Andorra ...)

Thank you, and does the federal election has a particular place compared to other big countries, or not especially?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »

Just watched a report on arte about federal elections. Well, personally, that's a long time I feel Steinmeier is on a losing trend, but more of that, this guys gives me the impress to take the "melon", if you know what I mean, to develop a bit too much the fact to think to be important (damn, my English leads me to have some complicated sentences). So, if he effectively loses, it gives me the impress that he would participate to mess up SPD a bit more then. Well, this from the very few I know from German politics.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 10:03:30 AM »

Latest Info GmbH poll for the newspaper "Handelsblatt":

CDU/CSU: 34%
SPD: 27%
FDP: 12%
Left: 12%
Greens: 10%
Others: 5%

Red-Red-Green: 49%
Black-Yellow: 46%

Even Forsa is now showing the CDU-advantage at less than 10%:

CDU/CSU: 35%
SPD: 26%
FDP: 13%
Greens: 11%
Left: 10%
Others: 5%

Black-Yellow: 48%
Red-Red-Green: 47%

Yep! Here we go!

Drop proportional representation everywhere and forever... Wink

This that I support of.

And for Steini girl, damn, she is as credible as Steini. (though we can note the ability of the cameramen to shoot the breast...)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »

Al-Qaeda's leadership may be hoping to repeat what happened in Spain's elections five years ago when multiple train bombings killed 191 people.

Soon afterwards, the Spanish government of Jose Maria Aznar, that had sent troops to Iraq, was defeated at the polls.

Wasn't Aznar's defeat more related to his attempt to blame ETA for the bombings against all evidence?

This is correct, but certainly isn't how the media in most countries chose to report it. Though, of course, Aznar wasn't actually seeking re-election. Weird election, that.

To continue the Spain General elections 2004:

In France the average media reported it that way.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 12:20:06 PM »

Why don't you just help me push this thread to the next page instead?

I can help to this.

Here is.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 10:25:25 AM »

No more necessarily an hot topic now, but, hmm, yes, I remember several Bavarians in 'costumes' like that, even in München, assuming it was their real clothes, and during the 3 weeks I spent in Bavaria, I regularly saw such guys, just guys, no women iirc.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2009, 01:47:54 PM by Benwah »

New speculations about the SPD. Most possible is that Sigmar Gabriel will be new chairman of the SPD. The mayor of Berlin Klaus Wowereit will be vice-chairman. Successor of Hubertus Heil as secretary-general could be Andea Nahles. She is an important representative of the left wing. Steinmeier could be opposition leader in the parlament.

The SPD must make a new begin and when they not change their politics it will be the end of them. Only a little bit more left wing politics can help the SPD to survive. Should they change nothing and make the same like in the Schröder or grand coalition times, then the Left with Oskar Lafontaine will be stronger and stronger. Then we can say RIP SPD

It seems to me a lot like some things we could have said about the French PS, but, and according to the French experience I think we shouldn't underestimate the abilities of big parties to adapt themselves in order to stay ahead, especially given the fact that these big parties are far less fussy on ideologies than smaller radical parties.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 02:27:36 PM »

Just a side note, just slightly relative to the conv':

Amusing to see that arte opened its evening news on Jean Sarkozy renouncing to his promised job, and only after spoke about the new German govt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies