SPC for Senate: Part X
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:11:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SPC for Senate: Part X
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: SPC for Senate: Part X  (Read 21261 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 10:29:59 AM »

lol DWTL even you don't usually deny you're an extremist.
Extremist on issues?  Perhaps
But what he said there had nothing to do with issues
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: FORMER LT. GOV. ANDY JACKSON ENDORSES SPC
I am pleased to announce that Former Southeast Lieutenant Governor Andy Jackson had endorsed my candidacy in the special senate election. I greatly appreciate this endorsement and hope it will out me over the top in this weekend's election.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »

This guy confuses me. Evidently, he wants to go where the power is and has little to no understanding of where that would be.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 08:19:57 PM »

This guy confuses me. Evidently, he wants to go where the power is and has little to no understanding of where that would be.

Are you referring to me or Andy? Either way, I don't understand your comment.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 08:22:57 PM »

Are you referring to me or Andy? Either way, I don't understand your comment.

No, I understand you just fine.
The Populist
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:52 PM »

If I can vote for you, I will.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 10:34:52 PM »

Thank you, and while I hope otherwise, I think you have to have registered 10 days before the election to vote. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as I hope I am.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 11:41:10 PM »

Thank you, and while I hope otherwise, I think you have to have registered 10 days before the election to vote. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as I hope I am.

It was changed to seven days before by an amendment during the Moderate administration, as I recall.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »

It was changed to seven days before by an amendment during the Moderate administration, as I recall.
You are welcome Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 10:00:13 PM »

You are welcome Smiley

You were the one who introduced it weren't you? I forgot. Embarrassed
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 06:29:07 PM »

Concession Speech

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. While the election is still open for a few more hours, it now appears virtually certain that our campaign has been unsuccessful. Simple math shows that I do not have enough potential voters to catch either Bacon King or Lief (whichever one advances) in the final round of voting. While I will still accept any additional votes I may receive in the final few hours of voting, I congratulate either Bacon King or Lief on their victory, and will be leaving the door open to another run in December. Thank you and Dave Bless Atlasia.

SPC
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2008, 07:20:18 PM »

Sad
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 07:43:48 PM »

Rest assured, I will be recruiting many Atlas libertarians to Atlasia between now and December.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »

Rest assured, I will be recruiting many Atlas libertarians to Atlasia between now and December.

Yep. Actually, I was also sad because we kind of caused Bacon King to lose.

Anyway, I can help you with the task of getting more folks around here. Wink
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »

I wouldn't worry about it. If BaconKing wants it, he could probably win the seat back in a month. Plus, I did get more votes that BaconKing, so it could be said that BaconKing's supporters caused me to lose. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 07:57:32 PM »

I wouldn't worry about it. If BaconKing wants it, he could probably win the seat back in a month. Plus, I did get more votes that BaconKing, so it could be said that BaconKing's supporters caused me to lose. Tongue

Indeed. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 08:03:58 PM »

The thing about IRV is that there isn't a spoiler effect. Bacon King's supporters overwhelmingly preferred Lief, and so Lief got elected.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 08:10:08 PM »

The thing about IRV is that there isn't a spoiler effect. Bacon King's supporters overwhelmingly preferred Lief, and so Lief got elected.

You have a point, though as I said, IRV overwhelmingly favors centrists if they can survive the first round. BK undeniably has the deepest base of support, & would have won easily if either SPC or Lief didn't run.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »

You have a point, though as I said, IRV overwhelmingly favors centrists if they can survive the first round. BK undeniably has the deepest base of support, & would have won easily if either SPC or Lief didn't run.

But IRV makes it much harder for centrists to come first or second. Which is the catch. We might be seeing it here.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »

Keep in mind I still have a trick up my sleeve that could give Bacon the election. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2008, 08:20:51 PM »

But IRV makes it much harder for centrists to come first or second. Which is the catch. We might be seeing it here.

Yep. People are left afraid to vote for candidates who won't win because they can still vote for the centrist afterwards. It's that kind of thing that led to a second turn between Chirac & Le Pen in 2002.

Keep in mind I still have a trick up my sleeve that could give Bacon the election. Wink

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Wink
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2008, 08:21:53 PM »

Yep. People are left afraid to vote for candidates who won't win because they can still vote for the centrist afterwards. It's that kind of thing that led to a second turn between Chirac & Le Pen in 2002.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Wink

Check the Candidacy Declaration Thread.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2008, 08:24:53 PM »

It's Condorcet that loves the center. IRV favors the center-left and center-right.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »

It's that kind of thing that led to a second turn between Chirac & Le Pen in 2002.

Actually, no. That was caused by the massive fragmentation of the left-wing vote... and wouldn't have been a problem under IRV anyway.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2008, 08:39:41 PM »

It's that kind of thing that led to a second turn between Chirac & Le Pen in 2002.

Actually, no. That was caused by the massive fragmentation of the left-wing vote... and wouldn't have been a problem under IRV anyway.

Still, if France didn't have the second turn, Le Pen wouldn't have done as well & Jospin would have placed second. It wasn't the principle reason, though I would be surprised if it weren't a contributing factor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies