SPC for Senate: Part X
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:09:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SPC for Senate: Part X
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Author Topic: SPC for Senate: Part X  (Read 21264 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2008, 02:27:30 AM »

I am most likely running again in the December elections, alongside DWTL. To make sure I don't cost DWTL a senate seat, I recommend that all people who voted for DWTL in August first-preference DWTL, and all people who recently joined/voted for me in November first-preference me. I also recommend that BaconKing get all of our third-preferences.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »

Excellent, I am honored to have you as a running mate
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2008, 05:36:04 PM »

I am glad to hear it. This election will undoubtedly have fewer spoiled ballots than the last one (unless somebody else feels like spoiling their's).
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 08:57:46 PM »

Now, just a question about how this election works. Do the extra votes get transfered first, or does the candidate with the least votes get eliminated first? This may prove crucial to whether I will win or not. I'm not as concerned as to how it will work for you since you will without a doubt be re-elected.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 10:19:09 PM »

Now, just a question about how this election works. Do the extra votes get transfered first, or does the candidate with the least votes get eliminated first? This may prove crucial to whether I will win or not. I'm not as concerned as to how it will work for you since you will without a doubt be re-elected.

Extra votes get transferred first.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2008, 08:30:20 PM »

Constitution Convention

As a candidate for Senate, you may be wondering where I stand on the issue of a Constitutional Convention. I would like to say that I am supportive of a Constitutional Convention. I believe that the Constitution needs to be changed to allocate more powers with the regional governments and less powers with the federal government. Thank you.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2008, 08:32:23 PM »

I agree with SPC on the constitutional convention, I plan to play a huge role and the RPP will not endorse any idea that does either completely eliminate the federal government or at least given every region representation
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2008, 12:34:52 AM »

It has been brought to my attention that our campaign missed the deadline for ballot access in the Senate election. Nevertheless, we will persist in a write-in effort. I remind everybody that to vote for me, you must check the write-in box and write "South Park Conservative" or "ChuckHagel08" for your vote to count. Thank you.

SPC
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2008, 12:39:43 AM »

Constitution Convention

As a candidate for Senate, you may be wondering where I stand on the issue of a Constitutional Convention. I would like to say that I am supportive of a Constitutional Convention. I believe that the Constitution needs to be changed to allocate more powers with the regional governments and less powers with the federal government. Thank you.
Er... the regional governments are already incredibly powerful. Have you read the constitution? They're arguably more powerful than American states.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2008, 11:13:44 AM »

Constitution Convention

Er... the regional governments are already incredibly powerful. Have you read the constitution? They're arguably more powerful than American states.

Maybe that's not enough power for us. Wink
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2008, 11:53:27 PM »

I will be making a speech in 7 minutes. Thank you.

SPC
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2008, 11:53:47 PM »

Congrats Smiley

I REALLY look forward to working with you
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2008, 12:07:55 AM »

(SPC takes the podium as balloons drop from the ceiling)

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Well, you've heard the saying that seventh time's the charm, right? Over the past week, we have done the impossible, and elected two pro-regional senators. I have only waited two years for this moment, and it finally happened. When I first entered the race, I thought it would be impossible for me to be elected. However, due to a lack of candidates and low turnout, we were barely able to eek out a victory, all the while re-electing Senator DWTL. It is really a sign of strength for the regional rights movement that we were able to elect two candidates in this environment. Thank you to everyone who voted for me and Senator DWTL and Dave Bless Atlasia!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2008, 12:30:58 AM »

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Well, you've heard the saying that seventh time's the charm, right? Over the past week, we have done the impossible, and elected two pro-regional senators. I have only waited two years for this moment, and it finally happened. When I first entered the race, I thought it would be impossible for me to be elected. However, due to a lack of candidates and low turnout, we were barely able to eek out a victory, all the while re-electing Senator DWTL. It is really a sign of strength for the regional rights movement that we were able to elect two candidates in this environment. Thank you to everyone who voted for me and Senator DWTL and Dave Bless Atlasia!

Congrats. I had a gut feeling you would win. I don't know why I just did.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »

Congrats. I had a gut feeling you would win. I don't know why I just did.

I have a gut feeling that I will win every election. That is why I was distrustful of my gut this time.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2008, 12:44:20 AM »

I would like to make a special thank-you to North Carolina Yankee, Lt. Gov. Daniel Adams, Dead0man, Volksliberalist, Rowanbrandon, Dean BrandonH, Governor Verin, and Judge Masterjedi for my victory. I couldn't have done it without you. I would also like to thank Senator DWTL, Judge Smid, Ben, Winfield, Assemblyman Inks, Senator PiT, PBrunsel, Governor AHDuke, and Ronnie for voting for my future colleague Senator DWTL. Thank you!

SPC
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2008, 12:46:01 AM »

Thought this system sucked?

Ah, right. It elects two of you. Never mind.

I would personally prefer regionalism, but I suppose it is good for now. It is an improvement over that gerrymandered Districts system. Also, I believe it was you who predicted that I would lose, so no point in having sour grapes.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »

As promised, I will be taking suggestions for legislation to be introduced in the next Senate. This shall serve as that place until I am sworn in.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »

Here are changes I plan to make to Article I of the Constitution, either if I am a constitutional delegate or if I propose amendments:

Article I, Section 5, Clauses 1, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 23, 26, 27, 29, and 30 are repealed

Article I, Section 7, Clauses 1, 2, and 8 are repealed.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2008, 12:19:28 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2009, 10:52:29 PM by Senator-elect SPC »

From the office of Senator-elect SPC:

When I am sworn in as senator in the upcoming senate this Friday, I plan to introduce legislation to repeal the following legislation. I will be introducing them independently, for the record. Keep in mind that this list is likely to grow as I look up more Atlasian law:

Repeal of Federal Territories Universal Health Care Act
FL 23-3 is repealed.

Repeal of Health Care Access Expansion Act
FL 23-6 is repealed.

Repeal of Equal Rights Act of 2007
FL 22-3 is repealed.

Repeal of Environmental Policy Act of 2007
FL 22-4 is repealed.

Repeal of the Repeal of the Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act
FL 22-2 is repealed.

Repeal of the Act to Establish Atlasian Policy Towards HIV/AIDS
FL 22-5 is repealed.

Repeal of the Sane Automobile Policy Act
FL 24-3 is repealed.

Repeal of the Carbon Import Tax Act
FL 26-2 is repealed.

Repeal of the Carbon Tax Act
FL 20-1 is repealed.

Repeal of the Illegal Immigrant Act
FL 18-8 is repealed.

Repeal of the Education Reform Act of 2007
FL 21-4 is repealed.

Repeal of the Foreign Aid Restoration Act
FL 27-11 is repealed.

Repeal of the Proportional Representation (Class A seats) Act
FL 27-3 is repealed.

Repeal of the Promotion of the Fine Arts Act
FL 18-2 is repealed.

Amendment to the Atlasian-Kuwait Free Trade Act
FL 17-1, Sec. 3 is repealed.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2008, 01:09:39 AM »

Nice. Time to shake the boat a little. Smiley
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2008, 01:12:55 AM »

Nice. Time to shake the boat a little. Smiley

Thank you. Even if most of these don't pass, at least it will stall voting on bad legislation. Feel free to give any ideas for bills you want to introduce, in case I might inadvertantly stall your legislation.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2009, 10:41:20 PM »

Just want to remind everyone that they are free to propose any ideas for legislation here. I promise that I will propose them in the new Senate.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »

Just want to remind everyone that they are free to propose any ideas for legislation here. I promise that I will propose them in the new Senate.

You promise?

Freedom and Democracy 2009 Act -

Section 1 - No future bill will be considered valid unless three or more of the Senators change their names to misspellings of the name "Lunar" - examples include: Loonar, Lunnar, Lunster, Lunlunlunar, etc.

Section 2 - Lunar shall be consulted and given absolute veto power on every bill that begins with a vowel.

Section 2 part B - The letter "Y" will be considered a vowel for the purposes of this bill on every other bill that begins with a Y.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »

You promise?

Freedom and Democracy 2009 Act -

Section 1 - No future bill will be considered valid unless three or more of the Senators change their names to misspellings of the name "Lunar" - examples include: Loonar, Lunnar, Lunster, Lunlunlunar, etc.

Section 2 - Lunar shall be consulted and given absolute veto power on every bill that begins with a vowel.

Section 2 part B - The letter "Y" will be considered a vowel for the purposes of this bill on every other bill that begins with a Y.

I can't promise that I will vote for the bill, I can only promise that I will propose it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies