SPC for Senate: Part X
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:35:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SPC for Senate: Part X
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Author Topic: SPC for Senate: Part X  (Read 21184 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2008, 10:48:15 PM »
« edited: September 24, 2010, 05:33:32 PM by SPC »

I am considering running for Senate in the upcoming special election. Here is my platform:
*Keep regional senate elections.
*Keep the federal government out of regional affairs.
*Leave most issues to the regions to decide.
*Introduce legislation at my constituents' recommendation.

For the record, in the event that I win, I do not plan on running for re-election.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 10:55:33 PM »

Very original platform!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:29:47 AM »

Endorsed
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »

Would you vote to repeal Taft-Hartley, if it's still on the books?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 07:18:17 PM »

Would you vote to repeal Taft-Hartley, if it's still on the books?

No, I do not plan on voting to repeal that legislation, though I do not believe it will come to a vote during my hypothetical one-month term.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 03:46:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How will that enhance the game, bearing in mind that the regions in general don't do much, by rendering the Senate into a piece of chopped liver?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 08:36:30 PM »

How will that enhance the game, bearing in mind that the regions in general don't do much, by rendering the Senate into a piece of chopped liver?

First, I wouldn't render the Senate a piece of chopped liver. I would leave some issues to the Senate to decide. However, leaving more issues to the regions makes the game more interactive for the overwhelming majority of people who are not in the Senate.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 09:44:09 PM »

First, I wouldn't render the Senate a piece of chopped liver. I would leave some issues to the Senate to decide. However, leaving more issues to the regions makes the game more interactive for the overwhelming majority of people who are not in the Senate.

The regions already have wide powers. Have they been able to use them?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 10:14:30 PM »

Regions with greater activity as of late such as the Southeast and the Pacific have used them effectively.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 10:18:28 PM »

Regions with greater activity as of late such as the Southeast and the Pacific have used them effectively.

I would dispute your assertation that the Pacific is active, but that is neither here or there.

According to you, the majority of regions are inactive. Do you believe that giving them more powers will make them active?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 12:27:16 AM »

I would dispute your assertation that the Pacific is active, but that is neither here or there.

According to you, the majority of regions are inactive. Do you believe that giving them more powers will make them active?

I did not say that. I merely said that the regions I listed were good examples of formerly inactive regions turning into active regions. They became active ithout the help of the federal government.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 12:35:34 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2008, 10:53:53 PM by South Park Conservative »

SPECIAL RELEASE FOR ALL JESUS SUPPORTERS
In the last presidential election, former Pacific governor Jesus won the presidency on the first ballot. I did my part and second-preferenced Jesus over my regular joke vote. However, my opponents, BaconKing and Lief, voted None of the Above and EarlAW, respectively, and failed to even so much as preference Jesus. In my campaign, I have pledged to vote with the new President on tie-breaking votes and introduce legislation at the suggestion of my constituents, whereas my opponents have made neither pledge. If you supported Jesus in the last presidential election, please vote for South Park Conservative this weekend. Thank you.

South Park Conservative
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 05:07:43 AM »

So as a strong supporter of the President, I presume you approve of the nomination of Xahar to be Attorney General?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 10:13:05 AM »

I did not say that. I merely said that the regions I listed were good examples of formerly inactive regions turning into active regions. They became active ithout the help of the federal government.

But others have not, correct?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 08:00:02 PM »

So as a strong supporter of the President, I presume you approve of the nomination of Xahar to be Attorney General?

It would depend on how the vote turns out. If the vote weren't close, I would vote against confirmation. However, if the final vote excluding me were 5-4 or 4-5, I would vote in favor of confirmation. So in either scenario, I either help the President's nominee or I have no effect on the outcome.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 10:21:10 PM »

I will officially be holding a press conference from now until the election. Please ask away.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 12:32:23 AM »

Will you stand up against your party if you sense than this his the better thing to do?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 12:34:18 AM »

Will you stand up against your party if you sense than this his the better thing to do?

Definitely. If I have serious ethical objections to the President's position, than I will vote the way that I believe.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 10:30:28 AM »

The same could be asked you and your criminal leader.  You really should drop your fascination with every decision I make
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 06:37:58 PM »

The same could be asked you and your criminal leader.  You really should drop your fascination with every decision I make

I'm the real leader of SDP. Xahar is only a symbol without power. I remember you than he was elected, he resigned and the by-election is a tie since he is the only one to for him, like what happen with Dessie. I have my reason to check every decision you do. You are an extremist and a dangerous person, who is a traitor by encouraging people to not recognise governement. That is a true Atlasian crime, not like Xahar who did an extern crime. Brandon went over that and you should follow him.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 08:42:15 PM »

No matter how many times you shout I am an extremist in your padded cell, it doesn't make me one
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 11:19:38 PM »

lol DWTL even you don't usually deny you're an extremist.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 11:34:58 PM »

Sorry, but may I ask that any insulting of DWTL occur in another thread. It is irrelevent to my Senate campaign.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 12:15:54 AM »

I totally agree with you. I only react to not left DWTL's attacks unanswered. He should make his attacks against everybody in a new thread about that. And I, Bacon and others pro and anti DWTL could discuss there, not here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies