SPC for Senate: Part X (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:42:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SPC for Senate: Part X (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: SPC for Senate: Part X  (Read 21278 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: November 10, 2008, 10:48:15 PM »
« edited: September 24, 2010, 05:33:32 PM by SPC »

I am considering running for Senate in the upcoming special election. Here is my platform:
*Keep regional senate elections.
*Keep the federal government out of regional affairs.
*Leave most issues to the regions to decide.
*Introduce legislation at my constituents' recommendation.

For the record, in the event that I win, I do not plan on running for re-election.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 07:18:17 PM »

Would you vote to repeal Taft-Hartley, if it's still on the books?

No, I do not plan on voting to repeal that legislation, though I do not believe it will come to a vote during my hypothetical one-month term.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:36:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How will that enhance the game, bearing in mind that the regions in general don't do much, by rendering the Senate into a piece of chopped liver?

First, I wouldn't render the Senate a piece of chopped liver. I would leave some issues to the Senate to decide. However, leaving more issues to the regions makes the game more interactive for the overwhelming majority of people who are not in the Senate.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 10:14:30 PM »

How will that enhance the game, bearing in mind that the regions in general don't do much, by rendering the Senate into a piece of chopped liver?

First, I wouldn't render the Senate a piece of chopped liver. I would leave some issues to the Senate to decide. However, leaving more issues to the regions makes the game more interactive for the overwhelming majority of people who are not in the Senate.

The regions already have wide powers. Have they been able to use them?

Regions with greater activity as of late such as the Southeast and the Pacific have used them effectively.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 12:27:16 AM »

The regions already have wide powers. Have they been able to use them?

Regions with greater activity as of late such as the Southeast and the Pacific have used them effectively.

I would dispute your assertation that the Pacific is active, but that is neither here or there.

According to you, the majority of regions are inactive. Do you believe that giving them more powers will make them active?

I did not say that. I merely said that the regions I listed were good examples of formerly inactive regions turning into active regions. They became active ithout the help of the federal government.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 12:35:34 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2008, 10:53:53 PM by South Park Conservative »

SPECIAL RELEASE FOR ALL JESUS SUPPORTERS
In the last presidential election, former Pacific governor Jesus won the presidency on the first ballot. I did my part and second-preferenced Jesus over my regular joke vote. However, my opponents, BaconKing and Lief, voted None of the Above and EarlAW, respectively, and failed to even so much as preference Jesus. In my campaign, I have pledged to vote with the new President on tie-breaking votes and introduce legislation at the suggestion of my constituents, whereas my opponents have made neither pledge. If you supported Jesus in the last presidential election, please vote for South Park Conservative this weekend. Thank you.

South Park Conservative
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 08:00:02 PM »

So as a strong supporter of the President, I presume you approve of the nomination of Xahar to be Attorney General?

It would depend on how the vote turns out. If the vote weren't close, I would vote against confirmation. However, if the final vote excluding me were 5-4 or 4-5, I would vote in favor of confirmation. So in either scenario, I either help the President's nominee or I have no effect on the outcome.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 10:21:10 PM »

I will officially be holding a press conference from now until the election. Please ask away.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 12:34:18 AM »

Will you stand up against your party if you sense than this his the better thing to do?

Definitely. If I have serious ethical objections to the President's position, than I will vote the way that I believe.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 11:34:58 PM »

Sorry, but may I ask that any insulting of DWTL occur in another thread. It is irrelevent to my Senate campaign.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: FORMER LT. GOV. ANDY JACKSON ENDORSES SPC
I am pleased to announce that Former Southeast Lieutenant Governor Andy Jackson had endorsed my candidacy in the special senate election. I greatly appreciate this endorsement and hope it will out me over the top in this weekend's election.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 08:19:57 PM »

This guy confuses me. Evidently, he wants to go where the power is and has little to no understanding of where that would be.

Are you referring to me or Andy? Either way, I don't understand your comment.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 10:34:52 PM »

Thank you, and while I hope otherwise, I think you have to have registered 10 days before the election to vote. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as I hope I am.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 06:29:07 PM »

Concession Speech

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. While the election is still open for a few more hours, it now appears virtually certain that our campaign has been unsuccessful. Simple math shows that I do not have enough potential voters to catch either Bacon King or Lief (whichever one advances) in the final round of voting. While I will still accept any additional votes I may receive in the final few hours of voting, I congratulate either Bacon King or Lief on their victory, and will be leaving the door open to another run in December. Thank you and Dave Bless Atlasia.

SPC
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 07:43:48 PM »

Rest assured, I will be recruiting many Atlas libertarians to Atlasia between now and December.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »

Rest assured, I will be recruiting many Atlas libertarians to Atlasia between now and December.

Yep. Actually, I was also sad because we kind of caused Bacon King to lose.

Anyway, I can help you with the task of getting more folks around here. Wink

I wouldn't worry about it. If BaconKing wants it, he could probably win the seat back in a month. Plus, I did get more votes that BaconKing, so it could be said that BaconKing's supporters caused me to lose. Tongue
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »

The thing about IRV is that there isn't a spoiler effect. Bacon King's supporters overwhelmingly preferred Lief, and so Lief got elected.

You have a point, though as I said, IRV overwhelmingly favors centrists if they can survive the first round. BK undeniably has the deepest base of support, & would have won easily if either SPC or Lief didn't run.

Keep in mind I still have a trick up my sleeve that could give Bacon the election. Wink
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 08:21:53 PM »

The thing about IRV is that there isn't a spoiler effect. Bacon King's supporters overwhelmingly preferred Lief, and so Lief got elected.

You have a point, though as I said, IRV overwhelmingly favors centrists if they can survive the first round. BK undeniably has the deepest base of support, & would have won easily if either SPC or Lief didn't run.

But IRV makes it much harder for centrists to come first or second. Which is the catch. We might be seeing it here.

Yep. People are left afraid to vote for candidates who won't win because they can still vote for the centrist afterwards. It's that kind of thing that led to a second turn between Chirac & Le Pen in 2002.

Keep in mind I still have a trick up my sleeve that could give Bacon the election. Wink

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Wink

Check the Candidacy Declaration Thread.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 02:27:30 AM »

I am most likely running again in the December elections, alongside DWTL. To make sure I don't cost DWTL a senate seat, I recommend that all people who voted for DWTL in August first-preference DWTL, and all people who recently joined/voted for me in November first-preference me. I also recommend that BaconKing get all of our third-preferences.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 08:57:46 PM »

Excellent, I am honored to have you as a running mate

Now, just a question about how this election works. Do the extra votes get transfered first, or does the candidate with the least votes get eliminated first? This may prove crucial to whether I will win or not. I'm not as concerned as to how it will work for you since you will without a doubt be re-elected.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 08:30:20 PM »

Constitution Convention

As a candidate for Senate, you may be wondering where I stand on the issue of a Constitutional Convention. I would like to say that I am supportive of a Constitutional Convention. I believe that the Constitution needs to be changed to allocate more powers with the regional governments and less powers with the federal government. Thank you.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 12:34:52 AM »

It has been brought to my attention that our campaign missed the deadline for ballot access in the Senate election. Nevertheless, we will persist in a write-in effort. I remind everybody that to vote for me, you must check the write-in box and write "South Park Conservative" or "ChuckHagel08" for your vote to count. Thank you.

SPC
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 11:53:27 PM »

I will be making a speech in 7 minutes. Thank you.

SPC
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 12:07:55 AM »

(SPC takes the podium as balloons drop from the ceiling)

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Well, you've heard the saying that seventh time's the charm, right? Over the past week, we have done the impossible, and elected two pro-regional senators. I have only waited two years for this moment, and it finally happened. When I first entered the race, I thought it would be impossible for me to be elected. However, due to a lack of candidates and low turnout, we were barely able to eek out a victory, all the while re-electing Senator DWTL. It is really a sign of strength for the regional rights movement that we were able to elect two candidates in this environment. Thank you to everyone who voted for me and Senator DWTL and Dave Bless Atlasia!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »

(SPC takes the podium as balloons drop from the ceiling)

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Well, you've heard the saying that seventh time's the charm, right? Over the past week, we have done the impossible, and elected two pro-regional senators. I have only waited two years for this moment, and it finally happened. When I first entered the race, I thought it would be impossible for me to be elected. However, due to a lack of candidates and low turnout, we were barely able to eek out a victory, all the while re-electing Senator DWTL. It is really a sign of strength for the regional rights movement that we were able to elect two candidates in this environment. Thank you to everyone who voted for me and Senator DWTL and Dave Bless Atlasia!

Congrats. I had a gut feeling you would win. I don't know why I just did.

I have a gut feeling that I will win every election. That is why I was distrustful of my gut this time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies